EFIPW is a tool that can be used to decode and modify Apple EFI firmware passwords via the command line. It is designed after the non open source OFPW utility and is designed to work on Intel machines running Leopard or newer. Useful for lab deployments (setting the firmware password of machines as a post install item) and pen tests (recovering the EFI firmware password).
- Core Duo (1st gen) Macbook Pro 15″
- Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro 15″
Technical details on how it works here.
You can download EFIPW v0.1a here:
Or read more here.
- Massive Celeb Leak Brings iCloud Security Into Question
- Apple Retires Support Leaving 20% Of Macs Vulnerable
- Andrew Auernheimer AKA Weev Gets 41 Months Jail Time For GET Requests
- Apple iPhone Unlocked Again – 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 Firmware
- JailBreaking AppleTV Running on iOS 4.1 – iPad/iPhone 4 Jailbreak Soon?
- PwnageTool 4.01 Released – Jailbreak For iPhone & iPod Firmware 4.0 (iOS4)
Most Read in Apple:
- KisMAC – Free WiFi Stumbler/Scanner for Mac OS X - 81,812 views
- Apple Struggling With Security & Malware - 24,088 views
- Java Based Cross Platform Malware Trojan (Mac/Linux/Windows) - 15,420 views