The Remote Exploit Development Team is happy to announce the release of BackTrack 4 Beta. In this latest version of BackTrack 4 there have been some conceptual changed and some new and exciting features. The most significant of these changes is the expansion from the realm of a Pentesting LiveCD towards a full blown “Distribution”.
Now based on Debian core packages and utilizing the Ubuntu software repositories, BackTrack 4 can be upgraded in case of update. When syncing with the BackTrack repositories, you will regularly get security tool updates soon after they are released.
If you don’t know what BackTrack is – it’s the result of merging the two innovative penetration testing live linux distributions Auditor and Whax. Backtrack provides a thorough pentesting environment which is bootable via CD, USB or the network (PXE). The tools are arranged in an intuitive manner, and cover most of the attack vectors. Complex environments are simplified, such as automatic Kismet configuration, one click Snort setup, precompiled Metasploit lorcon modules, etc. BackTrack has been dubbed the #1 Security Live CD by Insecure.org, and #36 overall.
- Kernel 22.214.171.124 with better hardware support.
- Native support for Pico e12 and e16 cards is now fully functional, making BackTrack the first pentesting distro to fully utilize these awesome tiny machines.
- Support for PXE Boot – Boot BackTrack over the network with PXE supported cards!
- SAINT EXPLOIT – kindly provided by SAINT corporation for our users with a limited number of free IPs.
- MALTEGO – The guys over at Paterva did outstanding work with Maltego 2.0.2 – which is featured in BackTrack as a community edition.
- The latest mac80211 wireless injection patches are applied, with several custom patches for rtl8187 injection speed enhancements. Wireless injection support has never been so broad and functional.
- Unicornscan – Fully functional with postgress logging support and a web front end.
- RFID support
- Pyrit CUDA support…
- New and updated tools – the list is endless!
This BETA release is considered stable and usable. Some tools were kept back from this version, and will be soon added to the repositories. Some minor bugs have been discovered and will be fixed with updated packaged.
It would also be appreciated if you could use this latest release and give some feedback to the development team to improve it and ensure it works with your specific hardware config (especially the wireless features).
You can download BackTrack BETA 4 here:
Or read more here.
- KeeFarce – Extract KeePass Passwords (2.x) From Database
- 0d1n – Web HTTP Fuzzing Tool
- SpiderFoot – Open Source Intelligence Automation Tool (OSINT)
- BackTrack 4 Pre Release Available For Download
- BackTrack Live Hacking CD BETA 3 Released
- BackTrack Final 3 Hacking LiveCD Released For Download
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,939,856 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,275,116 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 658,933 views