To continue with some software targeted towards security and self-protection after posting about Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) and Microsoft Security Assessment Tool (MSAT) we continue with one more – Secunia Personal Software Inspector. We did write about this software way back when Secunia first came out with their Secunia Software Inspector.
There’s now 3 versions though PSI (Personal), OSI (Online) and NSI (Network). There was an update to the Personal Software Inspector recently (25th Nov. 2008) and it’s now final grade software version 184.108.40.206.
Statistics from the Secunia PSI shows that 98 out of 100 PCs have 1 or more insecure programs installed! Download the free Secunia PSI and check your PC for insecure programs exposing you to security threats!
Did you know that many of the hacker attacks and security threats today exploit software vulnerabilities and code flaws?
Keeping your PC and especially your 3rd party programs updated requires you to search the Internet for updates and patches on a regular basis – for all the programs installed on your PC.
WHATS ON YOUR PC ?
The typical user has 30-60 programs installed – do you know which programs you have installed? Do you know which programs expose you to security threats?
Is your PC secure? Do you have all the latest security updates and patches?
PROTECT YOURSELF !
Security patches are usually free and available for download from the program vendors. Let the Secunia PSI pinpoint exactly which patches you need to secure your PC.
The Secunia PSI is a free security tool designed with the sole purpose of helping you secure your computer against vulnerabilities in programs.
You can download Secunia PSI v220.127.116.11 here:
Or read more here.
- Don’t Get Hacked – Have A Free Acunetix Security Scan
- Bro – Passive Open-Source Network Traffic Analyzer
- Hook Analyser 3.1 – Malware Analysis Tool
- Secunia Releases Software Inspector
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker
- MS and the new IE vulnerability – Object Tag
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,046 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 116,909 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,542 views