Burp Suite is an integrated platform for attacking web applications. It contains all of the Burp tools with numerous interfaces between them designed to facilitate and speed up the process of attacking an application. All tools share the same robust framework for handling HTTP requests, persistence, authentication, downstream proxies, logging, alerting and extensibility.
Burp Suite allows you to combine manual and automated techniques to enumerate, analyse, scan, attack and exploit web applications. The various Burp tools work together effectively to share information and allow findings identified within one tool to form the basis of an attack using another (The tools are Proxy, Spider, Scanner, Intruder, Repeater, Sequencer, Decoder & Comparer).
Key features unique to Burp Suite include:
- Detailed analysis and rendering of requests and responses.
- One-click transfer of interesting requests between tools.
- Ability to “passively” spider an application in a non-intrusive manner, with all requests originating from the user’s browser.
- FIPS-compliant statistical analysis of session token randomness.
- Utilities for decoding and comparing application data.
- Support for custom client and server SSL certificates.
- Extensibility via the IBurpExtender interface.
- Centrally configured settings for downstream proxies, web and proxy authentication, and logging.
- Tools can run in a single tabbed window, or be detached in individual windows.
- Runs in both Linux and Windows.
New features in version 1.2 include:
- Site map showing information accumulated about target applications in tree and table form.
- Fully fledged web vulnerability scanner. [Pro version only]
- Suite-level target scope configuration, driving numerous individual tool actions.
- Display filters on site map and Proxy request history.
- Ability to save and restore state. [Pro version only]
- Suite-wide search function.
- Support for invisible proxying.
Burp Suite is a Java application, and runs on any platform for which a Java Runtime Environment is available. It requires version 1.5 or later. The JRE can be obtained for free from java.sun.com.
You can download Burp Suite v1.2 here:
Or read more here.
- ParanoiDF – PDF Analysis & Password Cracking Tool
- XSSYA – Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Scanner Tool
- clipcaptcha – CAPTCHA Service Impersonation Tool
- Burp Suite Free Edition v1.4 – Web Application Security Testing Tool
- Burp Suite v1.3 Released – Integrated Platform For Attacking Web Applications
- Burp Proxy & Burp Suite – Attacking Web Applications
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,861,601 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,049,433 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 621,428 views