Maltego is an open source intelligence and forensics application. It allows for the mining and gathering of information as well as the representation of this information in a meaningful way.
Coupled with its graphing libraries, Maltego, allows you to identify key relationships between information and identify previously unknown relationships between them. It is a must-have tool in the forensics, security and intelligence fields!
Maltego offers the user with unprecedented information. Information is leverage.
What does Maltego do?
Maltego is a program that can be used to determine the relationships and real world links between:
- Groups of people (social networks)
- Web sites
- Internet infrastructure such as: Domains, DNS Names, Netblocks and IP Addresses
- Documents and files
These entities are linked using open source intelligence.
- Maltego is easy and quick to install – it uses Java, so it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Maltego provides you with a graphical interface that makes seeing these relationships instant and accurate – making it possible to see hidden connections.
- Using the graphical user interface (GUI) you can see relationships easily – even if they are three or four degrees of separation away.
- Maltego is unique because it uses a powerful, flexible framework that makes customizing possible. As such, Maltego can be adapted to your own, unique requirements.
The Community Edition is limited in the following ways:
- A 15second nag screen
- Save and Export has been disabled
- Limited zoom levels
- Can only run transforms on a single entity at a time
- Cannot copy and paste text from detailed view
- Transforms limited to 75 per day
- Throttled client to TAS communication
Check out the User Guide here.
You can download Maltego Community Edition here:
Or read more here.
- isowall – Completely Isolate A Device From The Local Network
- ParanoiDF – PDF Analysis & Password Cracking Tool
- HoneyDrive 3 Released – The Premier Honeypot Bundle Distro
- SamuraiWTF 3.x And Onwards – Web Testing Framework Linux LiveCD
- Hook Analyser 3.1 – Malware Analysis Tool
- ScreenStamp! – Free Screenshot Tool With Timestamp
Most Read in Forensics:
- NetworkMiner – Passive Sniffer & Packet Analysis Tool for Windows - 65,937 views
- raw2vmdk – Mount Raw Hard Disk (dd) Images As VMDK Virtual Disks - 31,652 views
- sslsniff v0.6 Released – SSL MITM Tool - 27,021 views