XSS-Proxy is an advanced Cross-Site-Scripting (XSS) attack tool. The documents, tools and other content on this site assume you have a basic understanding of XSS issues and existing exploitation methods. If you are not famliar with XSS, then I recommend you check out the primer links/docs below to get a better of idea of what XSS is and how to detect it, fix it, and exploit it.
Some Common Misconceptions about XSS
- “A user has to click a link to be impacted by XSS.” No – if you visit a page that has your browser will run it regardless of you clicking a link. I carefully crafted this example so it would not be run by your browser, but I could have put real script tags/commands here and made you run then transparently.
- “XSS only matters with bulliten boards, blogs, and other sites where an attacker can upload script content.” That is one way the attack can happen, but an attacker can also leverage sites that allow HTML/SCRIPT tags to be reflected back to the same user (like a search form that repeats what it was told to look for in the response). These flaws are commonly combined with public site redirects or emails to attack a second site.
- “Don’t XSS attacks just create popup windows, alerts and other pesky things?” No – They are commonly used to reveal your cookies or form based login info to attackers. After havesting this info, the attacker uses it to log into the same site as you.
- “I understand XSS, but I don’t think it’s a huge issue“. I think you’ll change your mind once you understand this advanced attack. Read the advanced stuff below and play with XSS-Proxy to see how evil XSS really can be.
You can download XSS-Proxy here:
Or read more here.
- dirs3arch – HTTP File & Directory Brute Forcing Tool
- ODAT (Oracle Database Attacking Tool) – Test Oracle Database Security
- SHODAN – Expose Online Devices (Wind Turbines, Power Plants & More!)
- XSS Shell v0.3.9 – Cross Site Scripting Backdoor Tool
- Vega – Open Source Cross Platform Web-Application Security Assessment Platform
- SPIKE Proxy – Application Level Security Assessment
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,857,262 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,042,713 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 618,827 views