sqlmap is an automatic SQL injection tool developed in Python. Its goal is to detect and take advantage of SQL injection vulnerabilities on web applications. Once it detects one or more SQL injections on the target host, the user can choose among a variety of options to perform an extensive back-end database management system fingerprint, retrieve DBMS session user and database, enumerate users, password hashes, privileges, databases, dump entire or user’s specific DBMS tables/columns, run his own SQL SELECT statement, read specific files on the file system and much more.
- Full support for MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server back-end database management systems. Besides these four database management systems, sqlmap can also identify Microsoft Access, DB2, Informix, Sybase and Interbase.
- Extensive back-end database management system fingerprint based upon inband error messages, banner parsing, functions output comparison and specific features such as MySQL comment injection. It is also possible to force the back-end database management system name if you already know it.
- Full support for two SQL injection techniques: blind SQL injection and inband SQL injection.
Some of the new features include:
- Added a Metasploit Framework 3 auxiliary module to run sqlmap;
- Implemented possibility to test for and inject also on LIKE statements;
- Implemented –start and –stop options to set the first and the last table entry to dump;
- Added non-interactive/batch-mode (–batch) option to make it easy to wrap sqlmap in Metasploit and any other tool.
Complete list of changes at ChangeLog.
You can also grab the User Manual here.
You can download sqlmap 0.6.1 here:
Source – sqlmap-0.6.1.tar.gz
Windows – sqlmap-0.6.1_exe.zip
Or read more here.
- OAT – Oracle Auditing Tools For Database Security
- ODAT (Oracle Database Attacking Tool) – Test Oracle Database Security
- Navy Sys Admin Hacks Into Databases From Aircraft Carrier
- sqlmap 0.9 Released – Automatic Blind SQL Injection Tool
- sqlmap 0.7 Released – Automatic SQL Injection Tool
- sqlmap 0.5 – Automated SQL Injection Tool
Most Read in Database Hacking:
- Pangolin – Automatic SQL Injection Tool - 74,375 views
- bsqlbf 1.1 – Blind SQL Injection Tool - 53,986 views
- SQLBrute – SQL Injection Brute Force Tool - 39,191 views