It’s aiming to be a more automated method for testing Web Application Security.
- User-friendly custom web GUI. (CSS): Pantera itself is a web application that runs inside the browser and can be customized using CSS by the user. Some of the customizations are visual style, colors, fonts, views for easy information access, etc.
- 100% python: Python is cross-platform, easy to install and use. Making it the perfect language of choice to use.
- Multi-platform (Windows, Linux, etc.) and multi-browser (IE, Firefox, etc.): By using Python, Pantera is cross-platform. And we have made sure Pantera works fine with the most common browsers.
- Supports SSL, NTLM, HTTP Basic: All this is supported by Pantera, still most open source tools have problems with things like NTLM.
- Powerful analysis engine: Pantera has a powerful analysis engine, meaning that each web page that Pantera sees is analyzed for several things like comments, scripts, vulnerabilities, hidden tags and more. All this is done in background and transparent for the user while testing the website manual and of course all this info is stored in the database.
- XML data files for configuration and attacks: Pantera uses XML files for configuration but also all the attacks and tests are stored in XML files, so it’s easy to add content to these files.
- MySQL support: Most tools do not allow you to save the assessment. While performing an assessment with Pantera you can create a session, so all the info generated while the assessment is stored in the database. You can edit, delete and modify the content of the assessment at your will. You can continue the next day on the same point you stopped. Currently only MySQL is supported, more databases will be supported in the future.
- Project Management: Each assessment is a session. Pantera offers project management to create new, open and delete projects.
- Plug-in support: Pantera offers plug-in support so advanced users can add and extent its features.
- Report generation: As Pantera can save assessments it can generate reports with all the gather data and vulnerabilities found. Some reports formats are HTML, XML, PDF, etc. Reports can also be customized!!
- Python 2.4
- MySQL 5 (Due to the use of triggers)
- FormBuild (install script inside Pantera zip)
You can download Pantera v0.1.3 here:
Or read more here.
- Dradis v2.9 – Information Sharing For Security Assessments
- MagicTree v1.3 Available For Download – Pentesting Productivity
- Kvasir – Penetration Testing Data Management Tool
- BASE 1.2.6 Released (Basic Analysis & Security Engine)
- CORE GRASP – PHP Web Application Protection Software
- Hook Analyser 3.1 – Malware Analysis Tool
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,133,650 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 576,996 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 411,813 views