We’ve been folowing the development of sqlninja since the early days, it’s growing into a well matured and more polished tool with advanced features.
Sqlninja is a tool written in PERL to exploit SQL Injection vulnerabilities on a web application that uses Microsoft SQL Server as its back-end. Its main goal is to provide a remote access on the vulnerable DB server, even in a very hostile environment. It should be used by penetration testers to help and automate the process of taking over a DB Server when a SQL Injection vulnerability has been discovered.
- Fingerprint of the remote SQL Server (version, user performing the queries, user privileges, xp_cmdshell availability, authentication mode)
- Bruteforce of ‘sa’ password, both dictionary-based and incremental
- Privilege escalation to ‘sa’ if its password has been found
- Creation of a custom xp_cmdshell if the original one has been disabled
- Upload of netcat.exe (or any other executable) using only 100% ASCII GET/POST requests, so no need for FTP connections
- TCP/UDP portscan from the target SQL Server to the attacking machine, in order to find a port that is allowed by the firewall of the target network and use it for a reverse shell
- Direct and reverse bindshell, both TCP and UDP
- DNS-tunneled pseudo-shell, when no TCP/UDP ports are available for a direct/reverse shell, but the DB server can resolve external hostnames
- Evasion techniques, in order to obfuscate the injected code and confuse/bypass signature-based IPS and application firewalls
Fancy going from a SQL Injection to a full GUI access on the DB server? What about extracting password hashes on the fly? Take a few SQL Injection tricks, add a couple of remote shots in the registry to disable Data Execution Prevention, mix with a little Perl that automatically generates a debug script, put all this in a shaker with a Metasploit wrapper, shake well and you have the latest release of sqlninja! See it in action here.
What’s new in 0.2.3?
- A Metasploit3 wrapper, which allows the user to use SQL Injection to execute Metasploit payloads on the remote DB server
- Several other minor improvements
You can download sqlninja 0.2.3 here:
Or read more here.
- Onapsis Bizploit v1.50 – SAP Penetration Testing Framework
- OAT – Oracle Auditing Tools For Database Security
- ODAT (Oracle Database Attacking Tool) – Test Oracle Database Security
- sqlninja v0.2.5 Released – Microsoft SQL Server (MS-SQL) SQL Injection Vulnerability Tool
- sqlninja 0.2.2 Released for Download – SQL Injection Tool
- sqlninja 0.1.0alpha – MS-SQL Injection Tool
Most Read in Database Hacking:
- Pangolin – Automatic SQL Injection Tool - 75,433 views
- bsqlbf 1.1 – Blind SQL Injection Tool - 54,161 views
- SQLBrute – SQL Injection Brute Force Tool - 40,010 views