07 April 2008 | 3,339 views

March Commenter of the Month Competition Winner!

Acunetix Web Application Security

Competition time again!

As you know we started the Darknet Commenter of the Month Competition on June 1st 2007 and it’s been running since then! We have just finished the tenth month of the competition in March and are now in the eleventh, starting a few days ago on April 1st – Sponsored by GFI.

We are offering some pretty cool prizes like iPods and PSPs (or similar), along with cool GFI merchandise like shirts, keyrings and mugs.

And now the winner will also get a copy of the Ethical Hacker Kit.

GFI Goodies

Keep up the great comments and high quality interaction, we really enjoy reading your discussions and feedback.

Just to remind you of the added perks, by being one of the top 5 commenter’s you also have your name and chosen link displayed on the sidebar of every page of Darknet, with a high PR5 (close to 6) on most pages (4000+ spidered by Google).

So announcing the winner for March…it’s Pantagruel! It was pretty close between Pantagruel and zupakomputer at the end of the month with a difference of only 4 comments!

Pantagruel I did say I thought it was your turn this month! I was right.

Commenter March

March was a little slower than February, but was still a good month for discussions. I’d like to thank you all for your participation! I hope it keeps getting better as 2008 develops with more interesting news and tools. Keep up the excellent discussions, it’s very interesting reading especially on some of the more controversial topics.

Thanks to everyone else who commented and thanks for your links and mentions around the blogosphere!

Feel free to share Darknet with everyone you know :)

Keep commenting guys, and stand to win a prize for the month of April!

We are still waiting for pictures from backbone, Sandeep and TRDQ, dirty and dre, eM3rC (we can’t reach you to deliver the prizes), Sir Henry and goodpeople of themselves with their prizes!

Winner for June 2007 was Daniel with 35 comments.
Winner for July 2007 was backbone with 46 comments.
Winner for August 2007 was TheRealDonQuixote with 53 comments.
Winner for September 2007 was Sandeep Nain with 32 comments.
Winner for October 2007 was dre with 19 comments.
Winner for November 2007 was dirty with 38 comments.
Winner for December 2007 was Sir Henry with 84 comments.
Winner for January 2008 was goodpeople with 66 comments.
Winner for February 2008 was eM3rC with 122 comments.

Recent in Site News:
- Merry Christmas 2012 From Darknet
- Server Migration – Moved To Linode! And Changed To Nginx/PHP-FPM/APC/W3TC
- Happy Chinese New Year 2011

- April Commenter of the Month Competition Winner!
- June 2008 Commenter of the Month Competition Winner!
- July Commenter of the Month Competition Winner 2008!

Most Read in Site News:
- Welcome to Darknet – The REBIRTH - 36,298 views
- Get the ball rollin’ - 18,971 views
- Slashdot Effect vs Digg Effect Traffic Report - 12,216 views

Advertise on Darknet

12 Responses to “March Commenter of the Month Competition Winner!”

1. Pantagruel 7 April 2008 at 11:44 am Permalink

I would like to thank Darknet for this great security related blog, GFI for the cool merchandising, hackerscenter.com for the EHK and people here like dirty, eM3rC, goodpeople, James C, Sir Henry, zupakomputer and all others for their discussions/comments.

My guess is zupakomputer will be up for this month, I have felt him breathing down my neck for this last month.

Again thanks and be sure to keep the comments up!

2. Bogwitch 7 April 2008 at 11:59 am Permalink

WTG Pantagruel! I would be interested to hear your comments on the content of the EHK, specifically the white papers as these are purported to give the ‘value added content’ used to justify charging for open-source software.
    The Hackers Centre did consider making a white paper public as a sample but, as yet, have failed to do so (AFAICS)

3. Pantagruel 7 April 2008 at 2:09 pm Permalink

@Bogwitch

Thanks and oops I forgot to mention you in the line up sorry, you’re one of the faithful people on this blog spilling their critical comments.

When I’m done with the EHK (or parts of it) I’ll post some feed back.

4. Bogwitch 7 April 2008 at 2:44 pm Permalink

Don’t worry about the mention, I’m not a prolific poster, just a cynical one!
    I look forward to your feedback.

5. zupakomputer 7 April 2008 at 3:23 pm Permalink

ha-har, I’m a she!

And extremely reclusive so I’m not sure I want to win anyway, tho’ I guess I wouldn’t have to give out me details publically if I did.

Congrats Pantagruel, may your hack kit be put to good uses!

ps – if you get a PSP and don’t have an HDTV, thegametrain does a slimline-PSP to TV converter cable.

6. Mike Touch 7 April 2008 at 4:44 pm Permalink

Well done Pantagruel.

Giving away prizes for good commenters is a great way to increase the amount of discussion. It’s something I’d love to implement on my blog once I get enough people visiting it!

where do we find out where the prize for this month will be. Will it be a keyring?

I’m hoping to get involved.

7. James C 7 April 2008 at 4:46 pm Permalink

@Pantagruel
    Well Done enjoy your new toys :)

8. Pantagruel 7 April 2008 at 7:09 pm Permalink

@zupakomputer

Oops did it again ;) soory and thanks to all of ya

9. fever 8 April 2008 at 6:29 pm Permalink

this is an awsome way of getting more people to comment and add to the community of knowledge.

keep it up.

10. Pantagruel 9 April 2008 at 1:40 pm Permalink

Thanks GFI, the Creative Zen was delivered this morning

11. Pantagruel 16 April 2008 at 10:51 am Permalink

Again thanks GFI, the promotional goodies (pen/pencil/mug/lanyard/t-shirt) where delivered this morning. Too bad the t-shirt is an L, doesn’t really fit my XXL size :(

The only thing left is the much anticipated Ethical Hacker Kit.

12. Pantagruel 16 April 2008 at 6:16 pm Permalink

And thanks to Zinho, Webmaster and Founder of Hackers Center Internet Security Portal hackerscenter.com for the email with the download instructions