The program currently targets Web Services. In the current version HTTP based SOAP services are the only supported targets. This tool was created based on, and to automate, some of the manual SOAP pen testing work we perform. This tool is NOT meant to be a replacement for solid manual human analysis. Please view WSFuzzer as a tool to augment analysis performed by competent and knowledgeable professionals. Web Services are not trivial in nature so expertise in this area is a must for proper pen testing.
In talking to users of the program it has come to my attention that a note must be made about the results generated from a WSFuzzer run. Be advised that WSFuzzer does not currently do any analysis of the results gathered. That job is yours as the analyst/engineer running the program during a pen test.
- Attacks a web service based on either valid WSDL, a valid endpoint & namespace, or it can try to intelligently detect WSDL for a given target. As of version 1.6 WSFuzzer includes a simple TCP port scanner.
- It gives you the ability to handle methods with multiple parameters. Each parameter is handled as a unique entity and can either be attacked or left alone. As of version 1.8.1 this was taken one step further, there are now 2 modes of attacking parameters. The traditional mode is unchanged and is now called “individual” mode due to the fact that each param is fuzzed individually. The new mode is “simultaneous” and attacks multiple parameters simultaneously with a given data set. See the usage examples below for more info.
- The fuzz generation (attack strings) consists of a combination of a dictionary file, some optional dynamic large injection patterns, and some optional method specific attacks including automated XXE and WSSE attack generation.
- The tool provides the option of using some IDS Evasion techniques which makes for a powerful security infrastructure (IDS/IPS) testing experience.
- A time measurement of each round trip between request and response is now provided to aid in results analysis.
WSFuzzer is a dangerous tool so be forewarned, you can easily bring down your target if it susceptible to any of the attack vectors generated and sent in.
You can download WSFuzzer here:
Or read more here.
- RWMC – Retrieve Windows Credentials With PowerShell
- MITMf – Man-In-The-Middle Attack Framework
- LaZagne – Password Recovery Tool For Windows & Linux
- wsScanner – Web Services Footprinting, Discovery, Enumeration, Scanning and Fuzzing tool
- Keep on Fuzzing! Advice
- Browser Fuzzer 3 (bf3) – Comprehensive Web Browser Fuzzing Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,954,214 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,331,931 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 665,855 views