FireCAT 1.3 Released – Firefox Catalog of Auditing Extensions

Find your website's Achilles' Heel

FireCAT is a Firefox Framework Map collection of the most useful security oriented extensions. Version 1.3 was pending the ExploitMe tools availability to the public.

Changes for version 1.3

Category Information Gathering (Googling and Spidering)

• GSI Google Site indexer (GSI Creates Site Maps based on Google queries. Useful for both Penetration Testing and Search Engine Optimization. GSI sends zero packets to the host making it anonymous)

Category Information Gathering (Data mining)

• Who is this person (Highlight any name on a web page and see matching information from Wink, LinkedIn, Wikipedia, Facebook, Google News, Technorati, Yahoo Person Search, Spock, WikiYou, ZoomInfo, IMDB, MySpace and more…)
  • FaceBook Toolbar (Search Facebook from anywhere The Search Box allows you to easily search Facebook no matter)

Category Information Gathering (Location info)

• Router Status (Shows the current status of your router in the status bar and allows you to control it)

Category Security Auditing

• XSS-Me (the Exploit-Me tool used to test for reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities)
  • SQL Inject-Me (the Exploit-Me tool used to test for SQL Injection vulnerabilities)
  • FireWatir (Watir is a simple open-source library for automating web browsers.)

Category Network utilities (Database)

• SQLite Manager (Manage any SQLite database on your computer.)

Download PDF, Sources and HTML browsable here:

- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,977,850 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,419,147 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 678,788 views

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium | 1 Year 1 PC for $24.95

7 Responses to FireCAT 1.3 Released – Firefox Catalog of Auditing Extensions

1. goodpeople February 4, 2008 at 10:17 am #

I haven’t really tested firecat. I downloaded a version once and thought it had some very interresting features. Problem was, I didn’t have any real use for it.

But now I do, and that GSI extension sounds like a fun tool for 1st-year students to play with.

2. Pantagruel February 4, 2008 at 11:19 pm #

Nice set of FF add-ons, too bad some add ons have limited hardware support. The sec audit bit is nice.

3. eM3rC February 7, 2008 at 8:32 am #

Very cool program! Don’t have any real use for it but I bet there is someone on this blog that could find a beneficial use for it.

Quick side note,
    Does anyone else have the problem with the math/anti-spam box for posting. It seems like everytime I post it redirects me to the “I guess you didn’t pass math” page regardless of what I put (the correct answer mind you).

4. Pantagruel February 7, 2008 at 3:29 pm #

@ eM3rC

This is largely due to the thinking breaks you take while typing in your answer. Guess the checking mechanism forgets the correct answer and just prompts you again (deleting your typed message, use CTRL+A and CTRL+C before hitting the submit comment button helps having to retype)

5. eM3rC February 8, 2008 at 3:42 am #

@Pantagruel
    Sorry for the random switches in some of my posts. I tend to have an idea then think of something else while I’m typing and tend to just tie it in.

Figured out the Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V after the first couple of times but still find it really annoying.

6. pilihck February 22, 2008 at 10:57 am #

Hi,

The extension package can be found here :

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. IT Security » Blog Archive » Blog Roundup–It’s a big security world, oh my. - February 4, 2008

[…] Auditing Extensions– DarkNet posted a list of the extensions listed in the FireCAT version 1.3, a collection of […]