The guys at BackTrack e-mailed me to let me know their Version 3 BETA has been released recently, and perhaps our readers would like to know about it.
For those that don’t know BackTrack evolved from the merging of two wide spread security related distributions – Whax and Auditor Security Collection. By joining forces and replacing these distributions, BackTrack has gained massive popularity and was voted in 2006 as the #1 Security Live Distribution by insecure.org. Security professionals as well as new comers are using BackTrack as their favorite toolset all over the globe.
BackTrack has a long history and was based on many different linux distributions until it is now based on a Slackware linux distribution and the corresponding live-CD scripts. Every package, kernel configuration and script is optimized to be used by security penetration testers. Patches and automation have been added, applied or developed to provide a neat and ready-to-go environment.
Because Metasploit is one of the key tools for most analysts it is tightly integrated into BackTrack and both projects collaborate together to always provide an on-the-edge implementation of Metasploit within the BackTrack CD-Rom images or the upcoming remote-exploit.org distributed and maintained virtualization images (like VMWare images appliances).
Currently BackTrack consists of more than 300 different up-to-date tools which are logically structured according to the work flow of security professionals. This structure allows even newcomers to find the related tools to a certain task to be accomplished. New technologies and testing techniques are merged into BackTrack as soon as possible to keep it up-to-date.
It’s definitely a favourite amongst pen-testers, myself included.
You can donwload BackTrack BETA 3 here (Please try and use the torrent links and seed!):
Or read more here.
- BTCrawler – Bluetooth Diagnostic & Discovery Tool
- Parrot Security OS – Debian Based Security Oriented Operating System
- Patator – Multi-threaded Service & URL Brute Forcing Tool
- BackTrack 4 Pre Release Available For Download
- BackTrack Final 3 Hacking LiveCD Released For Download
- BackTrack v2.0 – Hackers LiveCD Finally Released
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,913,957 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,169,199 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 645,610 views