Scanrand is extremely quick and effective port scanner. It works by forking two distinct processes:
- One to send the initial queries
- One to receive responses and reconcile them from the above
This makes it extremely fast.
If you haven’t heard of the suite, Scanrand is one of the five tools in Paketto Keiretsu by Dan “Effugas” Kaminsky of Doxpara Research.
Scanrand implements numerous options; reasonable defaults are selected when no specific guidance is received from the user. The only thing mandated is a target destination, which may be specified using either a FQDN(Fully Qualified Domain Name) or a numeric specification.
These numerics may employ any number of dashes, commas, or combination thereof at the same time. For example, scanrand 10.0.1-255.1-10,20:80,137-139 works fine.
More ports will be scanned by default when scanning a single host than when sca
nning a network. Scanrand is able to estimate remote hopcount by examining incoming TTLs.
Note please to install scanrand you need to first install the provided libnet, libtomcrypt and libpcap tarballs.
It’s a good alternative to nmap for certain purposes
You can read a good article on Scanrand here:
The article includes nmap vs scanrand.
You can download Scanrand here (as part of Paketto):
Or read more here.
Recent in Hacking Tools:
- LANs.py ARP Spoofer – Multithreaded Asynchronous Packet Parsing/Injecting
- hashcat – Multi-Threaded Password Hash Cracking Tool
- aidSQL – PHP Application For SQL Injection Detection & Exploitation
- onesixtyone 0.3.2 – An Efficient SNMP Scanner
- JBroFuzz 0.5 from OWASP – Stateless Network Protocol Fuzzer
- Unicornscan v0.4.7 Released for Download – Fast Port Scanner
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,826,339 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,015,532 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 606,248 views