At last a new major release of Nmap!
If for some odd reason you don’t already know what Nmap is, it is a free and open source utility for network exploration or security auditing. Many systems and network administrators also find it useful for tasks such as network inventory, managing service upgrade schedules, and monitoring host or service uptime. Nmap uses raw IP packets in novel ways to determine what hosts are available on the network, what services (application name and version) those hosts are offering, what operating systems (and OS versions) they are running, what type of packet filters/firewalls are in use, and dozens of other characteristics.
The changelog shows 320 changes since 4.00 with a lot of great stuff in this release! It has a brand new GUI and results viewer (Zenmap), a scripting engine allowing you to write your own scripts for high-performance network discovery (or use one of the 40 scripts shipped with it), the 2nd generation OS detection system (now with more than a thousand fingerprints), nearly 1,500 more version detection signatures, and a lot more!
Zenmap is the official Nmap Security Scanner GUI. It is a multi-platform (Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, BSD, etc.) free and open source application which aims to make Nmap easy for beginners to use while providing advanced features for experienced Nmap users. Frequently used scans can be saved as profiles to make them easy to run repeatedly. A command creator allows interactive creation of Nmap command lines. Scan results can be saved and viewed later. Saved scan results can be compared with one another to see how they differ. The results of recent scans are stored in a searchable database.
More on Zenmap here:
You can download the new Nmap here:
Or read more here.
- Arachni v1.0 Released – Web Application Security Scanner Framework
- iSniff-GPS – Passive Wifi Sniffing Tool With Location Data
- masscan – The Fastest TCP Port Scanner
- Nmap v5.20 Released – Open Source Network Exploration & Auditing Tool
- NMAP 4.20 released
- nwmap v0.1 Released – Map Network From PCAP File
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,870,821 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,061,944 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 625,402 views