19 December 2007 | 14,221 views

Inguma 0.0.6 Released for Download – Free Pen-testing Framework

Prevent Network Security Leaks with Acunetix

Quite a few people seem to be interested in this tool, so here is the latest revision – Inguma 0.0.6.

For those that don’t know, Inguma is a free penetration testing and vulnerability discovery toolkit entirely written in python. Framework includes modules to discover hosts, gather information about, fuzz targets, brute force usernames and passwords, exploits, and a disassembler.

Inguma Penetration Testing Toolkit

In this new version various things have been added like new modules and improvements in the existing ones. For example the Oracle modules. The Oracle payloads now uses the Cursor Injection method when possible so CREATE PROCEDURE system privilege is not needed to become DBA.

The support for InlineEgg, added in version 0.0.5.1, have been removed and a new completely free library have been added (PyShellCodeLib).

The static analysis framework OpenDis have been enhanced and now you can use the API exposed by OpenDis to write your own binary static analysis tools. As an example of the API, a tool to make binary diffs have been added. Take a look to the file $INGUMA_DIR/dis/asmdiff.py and to the README stored in the same directory.

New 5 exploits for Oracle Databases have been added and the module “sidguess” have been enhanced to retrieve the SID of the database instance from the Enterprise Manager/Database Control banner when possible.

The new modules added to the discover, gather and brute sections are the following:

• brutehttp: A brute forcer for HTTP servers.
  • extip : A tool to known your external IP address. Very useful to check anonymous proxies.
  • nmbstat : A tool to gather NetBIOS information.
  • ipscan : A tool to make IP protocol scans. The tool check what IP protocols are enabled in the target.
  • arppoison: A tool to poison target’s ARP cache

- Inguma – Penetration Testing Toolkit

Most Read in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos - 227,210 views
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,080 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 85,043 views

Advertise on Darknet

12 Responses to “Inguma 0.0.6 Released for Download – Free Pen-testing Framework”

1. Sir Henry 19 December 2007 at 1:54 pm Permalink

I downloaded a previous version of Inguma to research a python project on which I am working and, as stated in a previous post for Inguma, I find the modules to be brilliant in their code structure and execution. Right now, it is a baseline reference for me while learning python and figuring out what I want to do with my project.

2. cpj 20 December 2007 at 3:03 am Permalink

@Sir Henry
    I’m sort of doing the same thing. That is to say I am playing around with the program. At first I had some trouble getting some of the right dependencies to get inguma to work (check the REQUIRES file and you’ll see what I mean) even though some of them are sent with the inguma tarball. One of my friends and I are probing some of our cheap work comps, so it might come in handy. I wish I could find the beauty in the coding: alas, I am only a python novice / My favorite color is blue … no yellow! argg

3. Sir Henry 20 December 2007 at 4:56 pm Permalink

So far I have only been looking at it as a reference to see how the modules are invoked and what can be done with said modules. My project is in the infancy stage and simply gathering requirements. Once we break through that stage, we will then start testing out different items to see how our project can be a “value-add” (I hate buzzwords, yet seem to use them more than I would like) for us.

4. Joxean Koret 20 December 2007 at 9:33 pm Permalink

Hi cpj and Sir Henry,

Can I help you in your projects? And, BTW, what is the problem with the dependencies? Did I missed something?

Regards

5. goodpeople 21 December 2007 at 10:39 am Permalink

Haven’t had time to play with it yet. But starting tomorrow I have two weeks off. (christmas vacation, gawd, I love being a teacher)..

6. Sir Henry 22 December 2007 at 6:20 pm Permalink

@Joxean

Thanks for the interest, but this is a proprietary project that a friend and I are working on for a consulting gig that we are doing. Should we branch out further in the future, I will let you know.

7. metafan 24 December 2007 at 7:00 am Permalink

This tool is great, adding metasploit exploits it will replace other commercial high price low quality tools. It seems a potential replacement for them! Once my boss asked me why we were paying for two commercial products when there was metasploit for free, I didn’t know the answer, really. One of the reasons was the reports but I was able to quickly add reporting support to the free tools. I would donate to this project.
    congratulations!

8. CG 24 December 2007 at 7:27 am Permalink

I have a feeling Joxean might be able to answer any questions on inguma.

as far as dependencies, the only one that really seems to give people trouble is getting cx_oracle installed.

9. CG 24 December 2007 at 9:32 pm Permalink

“Once my boss asked me why we were paying for two commercial products when there was metasploit for free, I didn

10. eM3rC 6 January 2008 at 10:27 pm Permalink

Amazing program!

Thanks for the post!

11. Pantagruel 14 March 2008 at 7:53 pm Permalink

Inguma version 0.0.7.2 has been released. In this version new modules and exploits, fixed many, many, many bugs as well as
    enhancing existing modules, such as the Oracle related stuff where added.

12. James C 14 March 2008 at 9:30 pm Permalink