Skavenger? Yes, because scavenger is already used?!?
What is skavenger? Skavenger is a source code auditing tool, firstly though for php, but also used for any kind of source code file; as long as you know what to look for…
Yes I thought is as a replacement tool for egrep/sed under Windows! because not everybody installs cygwin (for example) under there windows boxes to perform source code auditing. I’ve seen people who most of the time used notepad to audit source code!
Skavenger is more than a replacement for egrep/sed because it has the ability to parse conforming to a regular expression or a series of regular expressions more than one file; even a directory; and prints out line number… isn’t that sup4 l33t?
Anyway… for download and more info check out http://code.google.com/p/skavenger/, because you can have a lot of fun with it; did I mention it was a console application?
P.S. You need php in order to use this script. Default values in regex.def check for primordial sql injection and XSS….
P.P.S. For more things to search for under php, check my article at http://insanesecurity.wordpress.com/2007/10/30/source-code-audit-php/
Recent in Programming:
- CERT Failure Observation Engine (FOE) – Mutational Fuzzing Tool
- Hack.me – Build, Host & Share Vulnerable Web Application Code
- VMWare ESX Source Code Leaked On The Internet
- SpikeSource Spike PHP Security Audit Tool
- Lynis – Security & System Auditing Tool for UNIX/Linux
- SIPVicious Tool Suite v0.2.6 – SIP/VoIP Security Auditing Tool
Most Read in Programming:
- FLARE – Flash Decompiler to Extract ActionScript - 60,215 views
- 4f: The File Format Fuzzing Framework - 23,791 views
- Modern Exploits – Do You Still Need To Learn Assembly Language (ASM) - 22,248 views