Skavenger? Yes, because scavenger is already used?!?
What is skavenger? Skavenger is a source code auditing tool, firstly though for php, but also used for any kind of source code file; as long as you know what to look for…
Yes I thought is as a replacement tool for egrep/sed under Windows! because not everybody installs cygwin (for example) under there windows boxes to perform source code auditing. I’ve seen people who most of the time used notepad to audit source code!
Skavenger is more than a replacement for egrep/sed because it has the ability to parse conforming to a regular expression or a series of regular expressions more than one file; even a directory; and prints out line number… isn’t that sup4 l33t?
Anyway… for download and more info check out http://code.google.com/p/skavenger/, because you can have a lot of fun with it; did I mention it was a console application?
P.S. You need php in order to use this script. Default values in regex.def check for primordial sql injection and XSS….
- AddressSanitizer – A Fast Memory Error Detector
- Agile Security – How Does It Fit Into A World Of Continuous Delivery
- zzuf – Multi-Purpose Application Input Fuzzing Tool
- RIPS – Static Source Code Analysis For PHP Vulnerabilities
- SpikeSource Spike PHP Security Audit Tool
- Web Security Dojo 2.0 – Self-Contained Web Hacking Training
Most Read in Programming:
- FLARE – Flash Decompiler to Extract ActionScript - 64,648 views
- Modern Exploits – Do You Still Need To Learn Assembly Language (ASM) - 24,787 views
- 4f: The File Format Fuzzing Framework - 23,832 views