The firewall test suite fwtest is a security auditing tool made up of two parts: the test control application fwtest and optionally one or two helper processes named fwagent. The test control application fwtest starts up the python interpreter with the given test script. The test script controls the packet data flow between two virtual interfaces A and B.
For this purpose the python interpreter is extended by commands which support the construction and transfer of arbitrary IP-packets. In this way it is possible to stimulate a firewall (or other relaying network nodes) connected between the interfaces A and B.
According to the interface-spec the virtual interfaces A and B are mapped on given physical interfaces on the same host the fwtest is running or to an interface on a remote host which runs the application fwagent. For the remote access the fwtest establishes a control TLS-protected connection to the fwagent on the specified host. You may use a ca structure or a fingerprint file to authenticate the peer. The shell script keymager.sh is distributed with this software to help you generate the necessary keys for both (ca structure and fingerprint) variants.
For both variants (one or two fwagents) the interfaces needs to be controlled by fwtest and fwagent on the link level. This is achieved by use of the berkely packet filter library pcap for reading and The Network Library libnet for writing of packets.
You can download fwtest source code here:
Or read more here.
- BlueMaho Project – Bluetooth Security Testing Suite
- ZMap – Fast Open-Source Network Scanner
- Serious Linux/UNIX FTP Flaw Allows Command Execution
- Inguma 0.0.5 Released for Download – Penetration Testing Toolkit
- Inguma Is Back – The Penetration Testing & Vulnerability Research Toolkit
- Dr. Morena – Firewall Configuration Testing Tool
Most Read in Network Hacking:
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,076,911 views
- Wep0ff – Wireless WEP Key Cracker Tool - 511,926 views
- THC-Hydra – The Fast and Flexible Network Login Hacking Tool - 316,123 views