This is not exactly new news either, these kind of toolkits have been on sale for a long time, virus generators, trojan toolkits, now they are getting more polished, more stream-lined, more expensive and more easily available.
News of them is hitting the mainstream media..
Malicious hackers are producing easy to use tools that automate attacks to cash in on a boom in hi-tech crime.
On sale, say security experts, are everything from individual viruses to comprehensive kits that let budding cyber thieves craft their own attacks.
The top hacking tools are being offered for prices ranging up to £500.
Some of the most expensive tools are sold with 12 months of technical support that ensures they stay armed with the latest vulnerabilities.
Hacking tools with support packages! Now that’s something new.
According to Mr Henry there were more than 68,000 downloadable hacking tools in circulation. The majority were free to use and took some skill to operate but a growing number were offered for sale to those without the technical knowledge to run their own attacks, he said.
But, he added, many hacking groups were offering tools such as Mpack, Shark 2, Nuclear, WebAttacker, and IcePack that made it much easier for unskilled people to get in to the hi-tech crime game.
Mr Henry said the tools were proving useful because so many vulnerabilities were being discovered and were taking so long to be patched.
Mentions of Mpack always pops up, but now there’s a plethora of competitors.
The landscape is getting interesting, time for companies to invest more in their I.T. budgets I think. Especially when it comes to education and awareness.
- Hacking Team Hacked – What You Need To Know
- IRS Was Not Hacked – Taxpayer Data Stolen For 100,000 People
- Microsoft China Offices Raided By Government
- Organised Cyber Criminals Recruiting Fresh Grads
- Australians Propose ‘No Anti-virus – No Internet Connection’ Policy
- raWPacket HeX – Network Security Monitoring & Analysis LiveCD
Most Read in Legal Issues:
- Class President Hacks School Grades - 80,607 views
- Hospital Hacker GhostExodus Owns Himself – Arrested - 47,508 views
- One Of The World’s Most Prolific Music Piracy Groups Busted - 43,524 views