After the recent fiasco about the Pentagon being Hacked by Chinese Military another few governments have piped up with information about cyber surveillance by China.
The latest is France.
It seems like right now china has it’s fingers in many pies.
France has become the fourth country to speak out against hackers in China following an attack on French government systems.
Francis Delon, France’s secretary general for national defence, claimed that the country’s systems had been compromised and that the evidence pointed to China.
“We have proof that there was involvement with China,” he said. “But that is not to say the Chinese government.”
It’s interesting to see people talk about ‘proof’ when in a virtual world what proof can you have? It can from a Chinese IP address? Is there any proof that says that Chinese IP address wasn’t compromised by a Russian hacker and used to channel attacks?
Diversion and subterfuge are common even in non-political hacking scenarios.
America, the UK and Germany have similarly complained of security attacks that came from the region.
US officials claimed that the Chinese military successfully hacked computers inside the Pentagon in June.
Meanwhile, German chancellor Angela Merkel also complained that her government’s systems had been penetrated by Chinese hackers, raising the subject with Chinese president Hu Jintao.
It seems they are racking up quite some intel on a number of countries.
China has of course again denied ALL of the claims laid against it.
- Dradis v2.9 – Information Sharing For Security Assessments
- MagicTree v1.3 Available For Download – Pentesting Productivity
- Kvasir – Penetration Testing Data Management Tool
- Microsoft Releases Out-Of-Band Patch For IE 0-Day Vulnerability
- China taking control of it’s own DNS servers
- Donations Flood in for Guilty Security Researcher Guillaume Tena
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,133,469 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 576,844 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 411,706 views