A while back a reader e-mailed us about a new site they have called Security Freak, the site is about informatin security education and is mostly using video lectures to illustrate and convey the lessons.
Security-Freak.net is an attempt to lower the entry barrier for starting computer security research. The author has noticed that during his interactions with security enthusiasts in general and students in particular, he noticed that many lose interest because of the lack of organized learning resources in this area.
This is not to undermine the sheer volume of tutorials written on various security related topics such as raw sockets, packet injection etc. But for most beginners it is very difficult to assimilate these voluminous documents at one go.
They are various videos covering programming security software, raw sockets, network sniffing, packet injection, programming worms, wireless and some tutorials for common security tools such as wireshark and nbtscan.
There’s are currently around 41 videos at around 500 minutes of watching time, so it’s definitely worth checking out.
The videos are here:
The site is free and the author said it will remain free, there are no pop-ups or registration required.
You can read more here:
- WATOBO – The Web Application Security Auditing Toolbox
- BTCrawler – Bluetooth Diagnostic & Discovery Tool
- Parrot Security OS – Debian Based Security Oriented Operating System
- VideoJak – IP Video Security Assessment Tool
- Download youtube.com videos?
- UCSniff 3.0 Released – VoIP/IP Video Sniffing Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,914,743 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,172,225 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 646,091 views