Sandcat allows web administrators to perform aggressive and comprehensive scans of an organization’s web server to isolate vulnerabilities and identify security holes.
The Sandcat scanner requires basic inputs such as host names, start URLs and port numbers to scan a complete web site and test all the web applications for security vulnerabilities.
This is a pretty nifty and complete tool, there is a ‘pro’ version available too.
- Provides over 260 web application security checks, covering over 38 types of web security attacks — a target server can be local or remote
- Crawls web sites and detects cross-site scripting, directory transversal problems, attempts to execute commands and multiple other attacks
- Scans web servers for the SANS Top Twenty (C1), the OWASP Top 10 and the OWASP PHP Top 5 vulnerabilities
- Allows to scan for specific vulnerabilities, such as Fault Injection, SQL Injection and XSS (Cross-Site Scripting) vulnerabilities
- Allows to define a range or list of IP addresses to be scanned
- Allows to define multiple start URLs
- Allows to perform destructive and non-destructive scans
- Allows to edit the crawling depth: maximum number of links per server, maximum links per page, maximum URL length and maximum response size and more
- Allows to create user signatures for detecting application vulnerabilities
- Prevents logout
- Tests intrusion detection systems
- Exploits AJAX-based web applications
- Supports host authentication (basic and web form authentication)
- Supports OSVDB, NVD, CVE and CWE
- Stores and allows you to view the HTTP request and response for each successful test
- Automatically discovers and analyzes the server’s configuration to determine which tests are needed
- Includes a Baseline Security Scanner — ensures security against outdated server software
Download Sandcat Standard Edition v3.08 here:
Windows only I’m afraid.
Or you can read more here.
- SamuraiWTF 3.x And Onwards – Web Testing Framework Linux LiveCD
- Watcher – Passive Web Application Vulnerability Scanner
- Pentoo – Gentoo Based Penetration Testing Linux LiveCD
- Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner 9.5 Released
- OAPScan – Oracle Application Server Scanner
- X-Scan by XFocus – Basic Free Network Vulnerability Scanner
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,902,682 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,130,602 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 639,758 views