03 June 2007 | 7,842 views

Win GFI T-shirts, Mugs and Keychains along with your iPod or PSP!

Prevent Network Security Leaks with Acunetix

The best commenter of the month competition is now running, as sponsored by GFI the best commenter of the month will win a PSP or iPod each month!

More details will be revealed as we go along.

Along with that you get the chance to win some pretty cool GFI merchandise, they sent some to me, which I received last week.

GFI Goodies

So get commenting, along with your new PSP or iPod, you’ll get some cool shirts, mugs and keychains too.

GFI Keychain

Yeah just for leaving some comments you can get all this stuff along with a spanking new PSP or iPod! We’ll think of some other cool prizes as we go along. Or you can let us know what you want.

GFI Mug

You can see the top commenter for this month on the side bar.

As a bonus the top 10 commenter’s will have their name and chosen link displayed on the sidebar of every page of Darknet, with a high PR5 (close to 6) on most pages (3000+ spidered by Google).

So get commenting!

Feel free to suggest any news or articles that you think are worthy of publishing.

*Just as a reminder – irrelevant/lame/pointless and 1-2 word comments will not be counted and will be deleted*

Recent in Site News:
- Merry Christmas 2012 From Darknet
- Server Migration – Moved To Linode! And Changed To Nginx/PHP-FPM/APC/W3TC
- Happy Chinese New Year 2011

- June 2007 Commenter of the Month Competition Winner!
- July Commenter of the Month Competition Winner 2007!
- August Commenter of the Month Competition Winner!

Most Read in Site News:
- Welcome to Darknet – The REBIRTH - 36,360 views
- Get the ball rollin’ - 18,976 views
- Slashdot Effect vs Digg Effect Traffic Report - 12,221 views

Low-cost VPS Hosting

21 Responses to “Win GFI T-shirts, Mugs and Keychains along with your iPod or PSP!”

1. Daniel 3 June 2007 at 11:45 pm Permalink

This is sweet. I’ll totally be commenting much more from now on.

2. Sypherknife 4 June 2007 at 5:52 am Permalink

So you’re offering free stuff in an attempt to get more activity on the website… nice

3. Konpaku 4 June 2007 at 7:58 am Permalink

w00t.. oppritunity for swag.. cant beat it

improving PR for the site ftw

4. SN 4 June 2007 at 1:58 pm Permalink

Hey. This is great. I love free things. It is almost as nice as when I get my paycheck.

Kind regards,

SN

5. therealdonquixote 4 June 2007 at 9:18 pm Permalink

Good On Ya Darknet for stepping it up a notch!!

I can’t decide on whether I’d want a PSP or an iPod…

The PSP has far more opportunities for hacking, but my iPod is all old and starting to get that click of death every once in a while. Not that I’ll win anything, not even sure how the commenter of the moth contest works. I’m just dreaming about which one I’d want if I had my choice.

Anyhew, Best of Luck from TheMostBoringBlogInTheWorld!!
    I’ve always been a fan.

6. Daniel 4 June 2007 at 10:04 pm Permalink

i just realized that you put the pr5 linking thing in. now that is cool. you guys are the bomb.

7. Torvaun 5 June 2007 at 7:41 am Permalink

Daniel, you are now my archnemesis. Thought I should let you know ahead of time.

This kinda makes me wish that I had a webpage to link. When I win, I will be accepting bribes to use a specific site.

8. Sypherknife 5 June 2007 at 12:23 pm Permalink

Daniel quit spamming, that was my tactic!

When does the contest end?
    Is it only this month?
    What other things should we know?

9. Darknet 6 June 2007 at 4:45 am Permalink

Thanks for the support guys :)

As for the questions

The competition will end on June 30th.

It may continue after this month if the response is good and the comments deemed of suitably high quality to add value.

You should know that spamming too much may result in all your comments getting deleted.

It only takes 1 simple SQL statement :P

Keep the quality up guys.

Not sure on the prize yet, I’m sure anyone would love either.

I’m jealous, I can’t win!

10. Daniel 6 June 2007 at 5:05 am Permalink

I’ve been trying to make sure my comments are constructive.

A couple more questions. I assume that if you win one month you will be unable to win the next month or any other month.
    Is that true?
    Is this Contest based on physical number of posts (excluding spam of course) or the singe best post of the month?

11. Darknet 6 June 2007 at 5:16 am Permalink

We haven’t decided that yet, as prizes will most likely be different each month, you might just be able to win them all.

It’s based on quality+quantity.

Neither will win outright, 1 really good comment won’t win, nor will 200 pointless comments.

10 really high quality comments is more likely to win than 50 1-liners, let’s just put it that way :)

12. Daniel 6 June 2007 at 6:13 am Permalink

okay i understand, also were is it permisible to post suggestions for the blog in general?
    thanks
    Daniel

13. backbone 8 June 2007 at 5:50 pm Permalink

can I win, or no because I am an author?

14. Steve 9 June 2007 at 1:25 am Permalink

I guess it took something like this to get the vast reader community to let their voice be heard…..lol..but look at the motivation….

Came across this on my usual security news of the day search…thought u guys might find it interesting

15. Daniel 30 June 2007 at 12:27 am Permalink

To the best of my understanding this is over today no?
    its already June 30 here in Japan.

16. therealdonquixote 30 June 2007 at 5:13 am Permalink

Awesome!! Did I win??

JK-)

17. Daniel 30 June 2007 at 1:25 pm Permalink

^ haha you have an awesome name, the REAL Don Quixote.
    because there are all those fakes out there!

18. backbone 30 June 2007 at 3:04 pm Permalink

yeah it’s the 30th of June… but no sign of the winner :)

19. Daniel 1 July 2007 at 4:16 am Permalink

Darknet is nowhere to be found…how will we ever have a winner?

20. Darknet 1 July 2007 at 8:51 am Permalink

Come on guys you know I don’t update at the weekends :P I guess you’ll have to wait until tomorrow.