Ah, FBI slammed again, it’s not the first time this has happened.
Remember when a Consultant Breached FBI’s Computers?
It also reminds me of when Homeland Security Scored an F for Internal Security AGAIN
The Government Accountability Office, the federal government’s watchdog agency, Thursday released a report critical of the FBI’s internal network, asserting it lacks security controls adequate to thwart an insider attack.
In the report, titled “Information Security: FBI Needs to Address Weaknesses in Critical Network,” the authors — Gregory Wilshusen, GAO’s director of information security issues, and Chief Technologist Keith Rhodes — said the FBI lacks adequate network security controls.
The FBI “has an incomplete security plan,” the report concluded.
Those who are supposed to protect eh?
The bureau, which had the opportunity to review the GAO’s findings before publication, responded that it wasn’t arguing with some of the technical observations expressed in the GAO report, but disagreed that the FBI is open to unacceptable risk of an insider attack.
In a letter of response to the GAO, Dean Hall, the FBI’s deputy CIO, and Zalmal Azni, the FBI’s CIO, noted, “The FBI concurs with many of the GAO’s technical recommendations and the programmatic recommendation to continue the implementation of information security activities in order to fully establish a comprehensive Information Assurance Program.”
Let’s hope they can make less excuses and just sort it out.
Source: PC World
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- Microsoft Says You SHOULD Re-use Passwords Across Sites
- Dradis v2.9 – Information Sharing For Security Assessments
- Pentagon E-mail System HACKED
- OAT (OCS Assessment Tool) – Office Communication Server Security Assessment Tool
- Obama To Create Cyber Security Czar In White House
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,139,666 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 583,768 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 415,505 views