The VoIP Security Alliance (VOIPSA) is pleased to announce the public release of its VoIP security tool list. Check it out at:
This VoIP Security Tool List provides categories, descriptions and links to current free and commercial VoIP security tools.
This list was developed to address the current void of VoIP security testing resources and sites, for vendors and VoIP users alike. It is separated into the following seven broad categories:
- VoIP Sniffing Tools
- VoIP Scanning and Enumeration Tools
- VoIP Packet Creation and Flooding Tools
- VoIP Fuzzing Tools
- VoIP Signaling Manipulation Tools
- VoIP Media Manipulation Tools
- Miscellaneous Tools
The key objectives of the list are as follows:
- Provide links to tools that help test the efficacy of implemented best practices outlined by VOIPSA’s Best Practices Project.
- Facilitate the open discussion of VoIP security tool information to help users better audit and defend their VoIP devices and deployments.
- Provide vendors the information needed to proactively test their VoIP devices’ ability to function and withstand real-world attacks.