Techm4sters e-mailed us recently to let us know about their new security distro called ProTech, we haven’t had time to download it and test it yet but it certainly looks promising.
- What is PROTECH? Protech is a very light live security distribution based on Ubuntu Linux.
- Is this like Nubuntu? It is similar, yes! But we wanted something friendlier to the end-user and so we tried a different approach and tested new tools. You’ll see that there are many differences amongst them. Many ideas have been taken from NUbuntu as well as other security distributions to try to make the most complete, reliable and easiest tool for your use. I hope you can appreciate our work.
If you have chance to check it out, do let us know what it’s like and if it’s comparable to BackTrack 2.0, which was released fairly recently.
Protech is based on the latest Ubuntu feisty, it is an beta, the final version should be released later in April or in May.
ProTech is currently using Fluxbox for the GUI because of its light weight. It has a large collection of security software installed and can work both as a LiveCD or a hard disk installation.
There some good info on Getting Started here.
And you can download the latest release of ProTech here:
- Gitrob – Scan Github For Sensitive Files
- OpenVAS 7 Released – Open Source Vulnerability Scanner
- BlueScan – A Bluetooth Device Scanner
- exploitdbee.py – Easily Search For Exploits In BackTrack’s Exploitdb (files.csv).
- BackTrack 5 Released – The Most Advanced Linux Security Distribution & LiveCD
- Absinthe Blind SQL Injection Tool/Software
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,885,734 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,089,133 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 632,570 views