A new version of SSA (Security System Analyzer) has been released – version 1.5.1.
SSA is a scanner based on OVAL, the command line tool provided by MITRE is not very easy to use so the guys at Security Database decided to write a GUI to make it simple to use and understand and then free the security testers community to take advantage of it.
+Based on OVAL 5.2 build 11 (bugs fixed)
– Corrected bug in EntityComparator::ParseVersionStr(). Added error checking to the function to enusre that the input version strings are in a valid format.
-Removed VC7 project from source distributions.
Now SSA relies on CPE (common Platform Enumeration) names to display inventories.
+ SSA now supports VISTA definitions.
+ Added Menu Help
-PDF documentation : link to SSA PDF doc.
-OVAL Concept documentation : link to OVAL FAQS.
-CPE Concept documentation : link to CPE docs.
-[New Security-Database Feature]: Submit a bug about SSA
-Security-Database Vulnerability Search : Search information into our cross linked Vulnerability database
+ Fixed bugs into scan() function
-Handle exception: Error while parsed corrupted XML File
-Handle exception: Error while using unsupported schema
+ Fixed a latency in function “stop/reload”
+ Fixed the PATH bug. Now SSA can be installed in any directory.
You can download the latest version here:
- The Jeep HACK – What You Need To Know
- Dharma – Generation-based Context-free Grammar Fuzzing Tool
- Hacking Team Hacked – What You Need To Know
- SSA 1.5.1 – Security System Analyzer an OVAL Based Scanner
- SSA Version 1.5.2 – OVAL Vulnerability Assessment Software
- Oedipus – Open Source Web Application Security Analysis
Most Read in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos - 231,001 views
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,592 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 85,254 views