23 April 2007 | 13,668 views

LLTD – Link Layer Topology Discovery Protocol

Prevent Network Security Leaks with Acunetix

Gomor released a LLTD (Link Layer Topology Discovery Protocol) implementation written in Perl (using Net::Frame framework).

You may use this two modules to write fuzzers, or anything.

You can find the modules here:

Net Frame LLTD

Recent in Hacking Tools:
- dirs3arch – HTTP File & Directory Brute Forcing Tool
- ODAT (Oracle Database Attacking Tool) – Test Oracle Database Security
- SHODAN – Expose Online Devices (Wind Turbines, Power Plants & More!)

- LLDP – Link Layer Discovery Protocol Fuzzer
- Yersinia 0.7 Released with 802.1x Support – Layer 2 Attack Framework
- LFT – Layer Four Traceroute and WhoB

Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,857,234 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,042,680 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 618,818 views

Low-cost VPS Hosting

9 Responses to “LLTD – Link Layer Topology Discovery Protocol”

1. Brian 23 April 2007 at 1:07 pm Permalink

The link is broken, and can you describe a little bit about what this module is used for and implementation?

thx

2. max 23 April 2007 at 1:56 pm Permalink

3. Brian 23 April 2007 at 3:01 pm Permalink

awesome, thanks for the link max

4. madmax 23 April 2007 at 4:03 pm Permalink

Hey brian
    I don’t mean to be rude or somethin’ but UR question was kinda Newbish!!

just look at da link provided in the article.If U place UR mouse over the link its obvious tht the link has been twiced!!

C’mon man U could have seen tht!!

No offence

The modules seem good though!!

5. Darknet 23 April 2007 at 5:29 pm Permalink

Fixed the link, sorry about that :)

Brian they are PERL modules for LLTD, it’s a standard protocol set you can read about it here.

6. Brian 23 April 2007 at 5:39 pm Permalink

It’s not that I didn’t know to look it up, I do know about CPAN and how to read through documentation. My reason for posting is that this was a recent post, I would think the link could at least work and since this blog concentrates on security that perhaps a small blurb showing an implementation to showcase what the module being presented can do wouldn’t have been out of line.

I don’t think it would be a “newbish” request, just a request for a better article. For example I can present “Hey you can create a IRC bot using Net::IRC” but that only states that the module exists, now how you would create an IRC bot. My example isn’t perfectly in context of my argument but I think you can get the idea.

7. Darknet 24 April 2007 at 4:19 am Permalink

I know it’s a recent post but as madmax said, the link works fine just that it was accidentally pasted twice (which was actually pretty obvious). You could have just pointed that out.

As for a sample implementation, I don’t really use PERL any more I prefer Python or Ruby…so if you want to give us a sample implementation feel free..but you won’t be getting one from us :)

8. UndiFineD 24 April 2007 at 1:04 pm Permalink

Interesting, what is this protocol based upon, snmp ?