Introducing a pair of tools that go well together and give you some good control for HTTP transaction analysis and looking at the security of web applications.
Odysseus is a tool designed for testing the security of web applications.
Odysseus is a proxy server, which acts as a man-in-the-middle during an HTTP session. A typical HTTP proxy will relay packets to and from a client browser and a web server. Odysseus will intercept an HTTP session’s data in either direction and give the user the ability to alter the data before transmission.
For example, during a normal HTTP SSL connection a typical proxy will relay the session between the server and the client and allow the two end nodes to negotiate SSL. In contrast, when in intercept mode, Odysseus will pretend to be the server and negotiate two SSL sessions, one with the client browser and another with the web server.
As data is transmitted between the two nodes, Odysseus decrypts the data and gives the user the ability to alter and/or log the data in clear text before transmission.
You can find more and download Odysseus here:
Telemachus is a companion utility for Odysseus, allowing further analysis and manipulation of the HTTP transactions that have passed through Odysseus.
Telemachus can communicate with the currently active instance of Odysseus, or alternately load a previously saved Odysseus activity log file.
Although primarily designed to be used in conjunction with Odysseus, Telemachus can be used a stand-alone utility.
You can download Telemachus here:
- american fuzzy lop – Security Oriented Fuzzing Tool
- KeeFarce – Extract KeePass Passwords (2.x) From Database
- 0d1n – Web HTTP Fuzzing Tool
- Odysseus Proxy for MITM Attacks Testing Security of Web Applications.
- Echo Mirage – A Generic Network Proxy
- Wireshark 1.2.1 Released – Network Protocol Analyzer
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,940,748 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,278,997 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 659,397 views