SIP Proxy is an Open Source VoIP security test tool which has been developed by the students Philipp Haupt and Matthias Halimann during their diploma thesis and second student research project at the University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil.
With SIP Proxy you will have the opportunity to eavesdrop and manipulate SIP traffic. Furthermore, predefined security test cases can be executed to find weak spots in VoIP devices. Security analysts can add and execute custom test cases.
In the so called “Proxy Mode”, the application acts as a proxy between a VoIP PBX (e.g. Asterisk) and a UA (VoIP hard- or softphone). SIP traffic can be sniffed and dynamically manipulated with the help of regular expressions. Logged SIP messages can be modified and resent. In the “Test Case Mode” predefined security tests which are specified as XML files can be run against a specific target.
Fuzzing technology, which is a kind of black-box testing, can be applied to find weak spots in VoIP devices. There are many more specific modules which can be used within such a test case. For example Wordlist- or Bruteforce attacks. While running a test case, feedback is given by displaying a grahical report which can be exported in a printable PDF document afterwards.
With the help of SIP Proxy, several software bugs and configuration faults in specific VoIP devices have already been discovered.
You can find out more and download SIP Proxy at the SourceForge page here:
- EyeWitness – A Rapid Web Application Triage Tool
- wig – WebApp Information Gatherer – Identify CMS
- Capstone – Multi-platform, Multi-architecture Disassembly Framework
- VoIP Security Testing Tools List from VoIPSA
- UCSniff 3.0 Released – VoIP/IP Video Sniffing Tool
- VoIP Hopper – VLAN Hopping Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,844,948 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,030,365 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 613,320 views