Echo Mirage is a generic network proxy. It uses DLL injection and function hooking to redirect network related function calls so that data transmitted and received by local applications can be observed and modified.
Think of it as Odysseus (or Burp, if you prefer) that will proxy (almost) anything…
Windows encryption and OpenSSL functions are also hooked so that the plain text of data being sent and received over an encrypted session is also available.
Echo Mirage tries to be smart with the OpenSSL calls by monitoring ssl_set_fd() and ssl_connect() to determine when SSL is in use on a particular socket. When SSL is in use the encrypted stream is ignored and only the unencrypted data is processed. This doesn’t work for the windows SSL stuff because that functions in an entirely different way…
Traffic can be intercepted in real-time, or manipulated with regular expressions and action scripts.
Changes Since 1.0
- Hooked RecvFrom, SendTo, WSAConnect, WSASend, WSASendTo and WSARecvFrom.
- Fixed intermittent crash on uninject.
- Fixed intermittent crash in thread termination.
You can download Echo Mirage here:
- masscan – The Fastest TCP Port Scanner
- drozer – The Leading Security Testing Framework For Android
- tinfoleak – Get Detailed Info About Any Twitter User
- Taof 0.1 Network Protocol Fuzzer Released
- MTR – Traceroute on Steroids
- Malware Hash Checking Tool – Online & Offline Support
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,869,523 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,059,905 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 624,829 views