Wapiti allows you to audit the security of your web applications.
It performs “black-box” scans, i.e. it does not study the source code of the application but will scans the webpages of the deployed webapp, looking for scripts and forms where it can inject data.
Once it gets this list, Wapiti acts like a fuzzer, injecting payloads to see if a script is vulnerable.
Wapiti can detect the following vulnerabilities :
- File Handling Errors (Local and remote include/require, fopen, readfile…)
- Database Injection (PHP/JSP/ASP SQL Injections and XPath Injections)
- XSS (Cross Site Scripting) Injection
- LDAP Injection
- Command Execution detection (eval(), system(), passtru()…)
- CRLF Injection (HTTP Response Splitting, session fixation…)
Wapiti is able to differentiate ponctual and permanent XSS vulnerabilities. Wapiti prints a warning everytime it founds a script allowing HTTP uploads. A warning is also issued when a HTTP 500 code is returned (useful for ASP/IIS). Wapiti does not rely on a vulnerability database like Nikto do. Wapiti aims to discover unknown vulnerabilities in web applications. It does not provide a GUI for the moment and you must use it from a terminal.
Wapiti is developed in Python and use a Python library I made called lswww. This web spider library does the most of the work.
Unfortunately, the html parsers module within Python only works with well formated html pages so lswww fails to extract informations from bad-coded webpages.
You can read more here:
- BTCrawler – Bluetooth Diagnostic & Discovery Tool
- Parrot Security OS – Debian Based Security Oriented Operating System
- Patator – Multi-threaded Service & URL Brute Forcing Tool
- Wapiti – Web Application Vulnerability Scanner v2.3.0
- Brakeman – Static Analysis Rails Security Scanner
- Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner 9.5 Released
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,914,142 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,169,852 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 645,706 views