Another good tool updated! TCPReplay suite 3.0.beta10 has been released.
For those that don’t know Tcpreplay is a suite of BSD licensed tools written by Aaron Turner for *NIX operating systems which gives you the ability to use previously captured traffic in libpcap format to test a variety of network devices. It allows you to classify traffic as client or server, rewrite Layer 2, 3 and 4 headers and finally replay the traffic back onto the network and through other devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, NIDS and IPS’s. Tcpreplay supports both single and dual NIC modes for testing both sniffing and inline devices.
Tcpreplay is used by numerous firewall, IDS, IPS and other networking vendors, enterprises, universities, labs and open source projects.
Beta10 contains a number of major enhancements as the code continues to stabilize for the 3.0 stable release. The big changes include removing Libnet as a requirement, tcpprep and tcprewrite no longer requiring root access and improved packet timings for tcpreplay. There are also a number of smaller enhancements and bug fixes.
Also a lot of time has been spent updating the online manual on the wiki which covers most if not all the features of tcpreplay, tcpprep and tcprewrite.
This should be the final beta release and it’s expected to have the first release candidate in a month or so. Please download and test!
You can download it here:
The new Wikified manual is here.
- isowall – Completely Isolate A Device From The Local Network
- ThreadFix – Vulnerability Aggregation & Management System
- StegExpose – Steganalysis Tool For Detecting Steganography In Images
- Burp Suite Free Edition v1.4 – Web Application Security Testing Tool
- Burp Suite v1.3 Released – Integrated Platform For Attacking Web Applications
- Paros Proxy 3.2.10 Released – MITM HTTP and HTTPS Proxy
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,312 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,126 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,579 views