Spike is an Open Source tool based on the popular RATS C based auditing tool implemented for PHP.
The tool Spike basically does static analysis of php code for security exploits, PHP5 and call-time pass-by-reference are currently required, but a PHP4 version is coming out this week.
This tool is especially welcomed by Darknet as there aren’t many static analysis tools out there that are free, and there are very few tools for auditing PHP code..which as we all known tends to be coded quite insecurely at times (just look at phpBB and PhpNUKE).
You can find the latest version here:
- Don’t Get Hacked – Have A Free Acunetix Security Scan
- Bro – Passive Open-Source Network Traffic Analyzer
- Hook Analyser 3.1 – Malware Analysis Tool
- SPIKE Proxy – Application Level Security Assessment
- YASAT – Yet Another Stupid Audit Tool
- DllHijackAuditor – Free Audit Tool For DLL Hijack Vulnerability
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,047 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 116,930 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,543 views