Spike is an Open Source tool based on the popular RATS C based auditing tool implemented for PHP.
The tool Spike basically does static analysis of php code for security exploits, PHP5 and call-time pass-by-reference are currently required, but a PHP4 version is coming out this week.
This tool is especially welcomed by Darknet as there aren’t many static analysis tools out there that are free, and there are very few tools for auditing PHP code..which as we all known tends to be coded quite insecurely at times (just look at phpBB and PhpNUKE).
You can find the latest version here:
- AIDE – Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment
- Tiger – Unix Security Audit & Intrusion Detection Tool
- Egress-Assess – Test Network Egress Data Detection
- RIPS – Static Source Code Analysis For PHP Vulnerabilities
- SPIKE Proxy – Application Level Security Assessment
- YASAT – Yet Another Stupid Audit Tool
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,685 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,433 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,630 views