The eEye Binary Diffing Suite (EBDS) is a free and open source set of utilities for performing automated binary differential analysis. This becomes very useful for reverse engineering patches as well as program updates.
The first tool is BDS, the Binary Diffing Starter from Andre Derek Protas. This tool helps reverse engineers with batch-analysis of patches by dispatching IDA with its many powerful plugins against groups of binaries. This especially comes in useful for Update Rollups or Service Packs, where automation is necessary to be able to reverse engineer the updates in a reasonable amount of time.
The second tool is DarunGrim, a code-analysis tool to actually find the distinct code-changes between two binaries. In Korean, DarunGrim translates to “difference in picture”. DarunGrim performs multiple matching techniques against functions in order to find function pairs and analyze the differences/similarities between the functions.
This allows reverse engineers to pinpoint code changes between two binaries with a graphical interface, much more rapid than “side-by-side” disassembly instances. Much like most powerful disassembly tools, DarunGrim is also using the power of IDA Pro for analysis.
You can download it here:
More info here, IDA.
- Dharma – Generation-based Context-free Grammar Fuzzing Tool
- Passgen – Random Character Generator For WPA/WPA2 Key Cracking
- AddressSanitizer – A Fast Memory Error Detector
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker
- Serious Symantec Anti-Virus Vulnerability
- Burp Suite v1.3 Released – Integrated Platform For Attacking Web Applications
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,918,879 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,187,415 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 648,201 views