Ah cyberwar, cyber terrorism, efforts are ramping up, more sites are going down.
The war in Lebanon is now showing its consequences in the digital world and a huge number of websites has been attacked and defaced as a protest against the invasion of Lebanon by Israel.
Today two NASA websites were attacked as well. The intrusion was carried out by the Chilean group of crackers known as Byond Hackers Crew through a leak in the SQL Injection they entered the system and subtracted user names, passwords and e-mails from the NASA web server.
Seems like a pretty straight forward attack..but a high profile government site being prone to SQL injection that allow admin escalation?
That’s pretty bad..
After that these information had been stolen, they managed in entering the administrative area by using an administrator user ID and password , and finally they made the defacement replacing the homepage with their message.
This group goes with the others that in last days carried out attacks against governmental and commercial websites both from America and Israel, whereas other blackhat groups attacked Israeli websites provoking a denial of service (DDoS) of that particular webpage.
Let’s hope things don’t boil over to attacking powerstations or anything that will cause collateral damage.
- Drones, Tor & Remailers – The Story Of A High-Tech Kidnapping
- U.S. State Department Hacked
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- NASA Systems At Risk From Hacking Attacks
- US Investigators Pinpoint Author Of Google Attack Code
- Time and Attack Mapper AKA TA-Mapper – Time/Effort Estimator Tool For Blackbox Security Assessment
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,158,893 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 609,540 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 427,428 views