Just to let you all know, if you are using WordPress you can upgrade today.
The latest stable release of WordPress (Version 2.0.4) is available.
his release contains several important security fixes, so it’s highly recommended for all users. We’ve also rolled in a number of bug fixes (over 50!), so it’s a pretty solid release across the board.
Also fixes for the serious SQL vulnerabilities that led to several WordPress sites being hacked.
Upgrading is fairly simple, just overwrite your old files with the latest from the download. If you’d like more thorough instructions, the Codex is always the best spot.
Since this is a security release, if you have any friends with blogs make sure to remind them to upgrade and lend a hand if they’re not too savvy. We’re all in this together.
As we reported here at Darknet, there was some serious security issues in 2.0.3 and below so it’s recommended you upgrade immediately.
- Google’s Chrome Apps – Are They Worth The Risk?
- Twitter Breach Leaks 250,000 User E-mails & Passwords
- More Cyberterrorism – Taiwan Political Party Accuses China of Hacking
- WebsiteDefender – Ensure Your Website Security
- WordPress 2.0.7 Follows Hot on the Tail of WordPress 2.0.6
- Serious WordPress Vulnerability/Exploit Verion 2.0.3 and Below
Most Read in General News:
- Hacking Still Can’t Outdo Stupidity for Data Leaks - 125,101 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 85,082 views
- One Of The World’s Most Prolific Music Piracy Groups Busted - 43,465 views