I saw a Freeware MAC Address Changing tool today which I thought I’d share with you all, as I used to use SMAC, a nice tool, until the guy started charging for it!
Hopefully this one won’t go the same way.
Technitium MAC Address Changer, which allows you to change Machine Access Control (MAC) Address of your Network Interface Card (NIC) irrespective to your NIC manufacturer or its driver.
It has a very simple user interface and provides ample information regarding each NIC in the machine. Every NIC has an MAC address hard coded in its circuit by its manufacturer. This hard coded MAC address is used by windows drivers to access Ethernet Networks (LAN). This tool can set a new MAC address to your NIC, bypassing the original hard coded MAC address.
Technitium MAC Address Changer v3.1 is a must tool in every security professionals tool box.
Technitium MAC Address Changer v3.1 is coded in Visual Basic 6.0.
There are some famous commercial tools available in the market for as much as US$19.99, but Technitium MAC Address Changer is available for FREE. (We don’t charge for just changing an registry value! Also knowing how this works doesn’t require extensive research as some commercial tool providers claim!)
You can download the MAC Address Changer here:
- SamuraiWTF 3.x And Onwards – Web Testing Framework Linux LiveCD
- Watcher – Passive Web Application Vulnerability Scanner
- Pentoo – Gentoo Based Penetration Testing Linux LiveCD
- Technitium MAC Address Changer v4.8 Released for Download – Free
- Technitium MAC Address Changer v4 (TMACv4) Released
- Technitium FREE MAC Address Changer v4.7 – Released for Download
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,902,698 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,130,650 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 639,768 views