Downgrade PSP v2.6 to v1.5 to play homebrew & ISO games

Your website & network are Hackable

Dark_AleX has now shared Downgrader Test v0.5 For PSP 2.50/2.60 Firmware which, according to MANY users (including TGMG, LalaMan, Firey, and LAXitives), works 100% with PSP consoles that were upgraded to v2.50 or v2.60 Firmware. However, it will NOT work with TA-082 versions and it’s NOT recommended for users whose FACTORY/STOCK Firmware was 2.50 or 2.60.

Check out the video in action here. Unfortunately the video quality is crap but its proof that it works. This hack was just released yesterday. So to those who have upgaded their PSP to v2.6, you still can downgrade to v1.5 to be able to play homebrew games and also ISO games.

Use this to check if you have TA-082 before you continue.

Posted in: General Hacking

Recent in General Hacking:
- Fully Integrated Defense Operation (FIDO) – Automated Incident Response
- BADLOCK – Are ‘Branded’ Exploits Going Too Far?
- Dradis – Reporting Platform For IT Security Professionals

Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,173,536 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 634,145 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 438,486 views

32 Responses to Downgrade PSP v2.6 to v1.5 to play homebrew & ISO games

1. Gouki July 3, 2006 at 1:28 am #

The news posted on SXT, the team behind the downgrader.

also the ones responsable for the 2.0 -> 1.5 downgrader

2. Gouki July 3, 2006 at 1:55 am #

For all of those who need a step-by-step video, PSP Hacking 101 have released their lastest episode, who focus exactly on the downgrade progress.

3. evilfoo July 3, 2006 at 2:14 am #

If you have itunes you can subscribe to their video podcast to check all PSP related hacking stuff.

4. husssain July 16, 2006 at 12:28 pm #

what does it mean by the game could not be started (FFFFFED3) on ver 1.5

5. evilfoo July 16, 2006 at 12:41 pm #

It may mean that your emu software is not able to play the game. It may need a higher version emu to play the game. Trying using the new devhook v0.44 you might be able to play the game because this will even let you play v2.71 firmware games.

6. View July 25, 2006 at 5:44 pm #

Hi all,
    I bought this PSP version 2.6 and I want to downgrade it to version 1.5. How I can do it and please e-malied me on view990@hotmail.com

7. mansa August 13, 2006 at 4:39 pm #

I bought a PSP it had version 2.5 default installed. I had also purchased metal gear acid2 it required to update to version 2.6 which i did from the game files in UMD.

Now i am searching all the forums for a week. I have read there is a v2.5 / v 2.6 downgrader . but along with it is a WARNING that do not upgrade if you have v2.5 pr v2.6 preinstalled. SO guys can you confirm if i have any solution or should i wait for enligntened people to release a crack.

8. Coco August 15, 2006 at 11:05 am #

I originally had a 2.01 UK/EUR PSP. I used a USA updater to version 2.6 – which successfully worked. Then I downgraded to 1.5 which was also sucessful!

9. jack August 17, 2006 at 10:29 am #

YOU ARE GAY BASTARDS

10. Gouki August 17, 2006 at 12:10 pm #

There are some really ‘interesting’ people around here.

I’ll talk to ST so he starts using ‘Comment Moderation’.

11. Ian August 23, 2006 at 1:56 pm #

guys, i checked around and someone told me that when you DOWNGRADE your version, you can NEVER upgrade it……is it true???anyone has any experience on this??

12. ChaosPT August 25, 2006 at 3:03 pm #

hi ppl i have a quest for everyone … how i downgrade my psp … my psp version is v2.6 and i wanna 2.0 version please someone i need help !!! please its urgente !!! i dont like v2.6 i wanna 2.0 … i waiting for yours coments

13. Gouki August 25, 2006 at 3:26 pm #

@ IAN – No. It’s not. After the downgrande, you can still upgrade to whatever you want.

@ ChaosPT – For more information about downgrading your PSP, you can read this guide.

14. ChaosPT August 25, 2006 at 9:31 pm #

@ Gouki i see your comment and i see the web site you send me … and i have a problem … i dont have the GTA to downgrade my psp … what i do now :S … i need some help here !!! … i waiting for yours coments ;)

15. Gouki August 26, 2006 at 10:21 pm #

Well, I guess you’re out of luck then.

16. ChaosPT August 28, 2006 at 10:50 pm #

hey Gouki i have a quest for you if i put the GTA on my memory Card do you think … the GTA can run ??? if run i can downgrade my PSP to 2.0 ;) … i wating for your coment !!!

17. nam October 10, 2006 at 6:02 am #

hey anyone my psp is version 2.6 the downgrader doesnt work can someone help me please

18. mitchell October 22, 2006 at 11:48 am #

so if you ic6001 you can downgrade without out it turning into a brick

19. mitchell October 22, 2006 at 11:49 am #

i meant if thats on ur psp can you downgrade

20. hobot October 23, 2006 at 4:57 pm #

Hey guys, the internet is not your personal servant, if you need help downgrading your psp, ask your mother.

She helped me out plenty last night.

21. will October 25, 2006 at 8:34 pm #

Hey guys tell me i have a version 2.60 and wana download it to 1.50….i have the downloader as well 2.6 to 1.5 but dont have the
    gta umd is there any easy way of doing it?or any alternative
    cheers

22. Raven November 26, 2006 at 11:01 pm #

yo i have this Downgrader 2.50-2.60, but i can’t get it to downgrade my psp..anyone knooos wat to do?

23. betty bull December 6, 2006 at 2:04 pm #

i want to downgrade a 2.6 to a 1.5

24. Greg December 9, 2006 at 6:48 am #

i hav a 1.5 psp..w/ everything..devhook + more
    i was wondering if ican still buy normal games and play them

25. Gouki December 12, 2006 at 6:05 pm #

Greg, yes you can. That’s the whole point of Devhook: Emulate the firmware so you can have homebrew and still play games.

Good to see you’re doing the right thing; not downloading the .ISO of the Internet and play it.

26. John December 22, 2006 at 1:17 pm #

hey guys.. i have downgraded my psp to 1.5 to be able to play ISO games but there is something going wrong and i cannot play any game stores on my memory stick.. does anybody know what is going on?

27. Lampan December 26, 2006 at 2:34 pm #

Can anyone mail me this downgrader… I’ll be soo happy to get it… plz mail it to me at: monstret_ff@hotmail.com ty all…

28. Lampan December 26, 2006 at 3:44 pm #

Some1 have the 1.5 system and make me the folder i need to put in root on MS… same eMail as above

29. Cold January 8, 2007 at 8:34 am #

Greetings,

My psp is a factory v2.5 with no gold writing in the UMD drive. I was wondering;

1)Is my psp downgradable?
    2)Is it necessary to upgrade it to v2.6 or v2.71 then downgrade it to v1.5?

30. nysy January 8, 2007 at 2:44 pm #

pls can someone send the 2.6 to 1.5 downgrader to me at grandautoland@yahoo.com i will really appreciate it

31. john richardson May 18, 2007 at 9:30 am #

hey i have a psp v2.6 is there any program to put downloaded games on with out downgrading ,

thanks

32. Sarah March 9, 2009 at 4:37 pm #

if i downgrade from 2.6 to 1.5 so that i can play copies will i still be able to use the internet on it?