Forgot to post this earlier. I received this email from SANS Institute sometime in April. They seem to be having two of their training sessions in singapore in August. Those who live in Asia or anywhere near the region and are interested can look it up. SANS Institute has one of the best trainers and also very good training materials.
Dear [Insert name here],
Please join us as we present SANS Gateway Asia 2006 in Singapore on August 14th-19th! We are partnering with Fusion Frontier Pte Ltd to present two of SANS most popular courses:
* Security 401: SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp Style
* Security 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling
With attackers leveraging huge numbers of hosts to overwhelm common defense mechanisms it is vital that we defend our organization’s resources and networks. This means being educated about current threats and vulnerabilities and how to combat them. Let SANS help you get up
to speed fast!
In Security 401, Bob Hillery will cover the survival skills an information security team member needs. This program prepares you for GSEC certification and helps accelerate your career in security. Security 401 is also a requirement for the MSISE advanced degree from the SANS Technology Institute.
In Security 504, George Bakos will teach you to detect malicious code and respond on the fly. You’ll learn how your networks appear to hackers, how they gain access with special emphasis on the newer attack vectors, and what they do when they get in – especially in manipulating the system to hide their work. You’ll master the proven six-step process of incident handling so you are prepared to be the technical leader of the incident handling team. This course prepares you for GCIH certification and is a requirement for both the MSISE and MSISM advanced degrees from the SANS Technology Institute
Classes will be held at the Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore where special hotel rates have been arranged for SANS attendees. Convenient to the airport and transit, close to Singapore’s best attractions, and located along the banks of the Singapore River – you’re sure to enjoy your stay here and get the most out of your training!
So join us in the battle for a secure global Internet community by registering today for SANS Gateway Asia 2006! We guarantee that you will return to work with practical, relevant knowledge and skills you can use immediately to secure your organization’s critical resources.
To register, please go to:
Discounts are available for early registration, so don’t delay
Recent in General Hacking:
- New eLearnSecurity Course – WAPT – Web Application Penetration Testing
- Hackers Break Into White House Military Network
- Nvidia Investigates Claims Of Online Store Compromise During Spate Of Hacking
- SANS Top 20 Vulnerabilities Published for 2007
- Firewalk – Firewall Ruleset Testing Tool
- Nat Probe – NAT Detection Tool
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,122,459 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 566,901 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 406,450 views