Denim Group Ltd. announced today the public release of Sprajax, an open source web application security scanner developed to assess the security of AJAX-enabled web applications.
Sprajax is the first web security scanner developed specifically to scan AJAX web applications for security vulnerabilities. Denim Group, an IT consultancy specializing in web application security, recognized that there were no tools available on the market able to scan AJAX. AJAX allows web-based applications a higher degree of user-interactivity, a feature with growing popularity among developers.
As AJAX becomes more popular with developers, the security of AJAX-enabled web applications will be a growing concern,” says Dan Cornell, Principal at Denim Group.”Sprajax is a great tool for application security maintenance, and its availability as an open source application places it within reach for organizations of all sizes.”
While expert security scans are more thorough and usually recommended, internal developers and security auditors can use this software to produce an initial vulnerability assessment. This can be invaluable, especially in the wake of government regulations regarding web application security. Organizations must take steps to protect sensitive data in public facing applications, and an assessment using a tool like Sprajax could be the first step
We have written about the danger of AJAX security her.
- zzuf – Multi-Purpose Application Input Fuzzing Tool
- Web Security Dojo 2.0 – Self-Contained Web Hacking Training
- Plecost – WordPress Fingerprinting Tool
- An Introduction to AJAX
- Arachni v1.0 Released – Web Application Security Scanner Framework
- Netsparker Community Edition – Web Application Security Scanner
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,908,965 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,152,289 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 643,016 views