PBNJ is a network tool that can be used to give an overview of an machine or multiple machines by identifying the details about the services running on them. PBNJ is different from other tools because it is based on using a scan from nmap parsed to amap. PBNJ parses the data from a scan and outputs to a CSV format file for each ip address scanned.
However, PBNJ is able to handle additional scans and parse the data while only looking for changes. For example, if a machine was updated with a newer version of OpenSSH than was running when the first scan was performed, the CSV file would contain the difference of the scan. Very useful for vulnerability assessment and penetration testing.
It is included in Backtrack http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/BackTrack
Depending on what you need, PBNJ can do various things. It is able to give a layout of a class network. It can also be run as an automated scanning tool parsing the data to CSV format files and growing an in-depth view of a network over time.
CHANGLOG for 1.14
* fixed bug that crashed PBNJ after scanning a machine with no ports open
* fixed –nodiff banner bug
* Added –delim option to allow custom delimination
* quick install script for ubuntu and linux systems
* Makefile.PL setup which will install pbnj properly
Version 2.0 will be released sometime in August.
- RWMC – Retrieve Windows Credentials With PowerShell
- MITMf – Man-In-The-Middle Attack Framework
- LaZagne – Password Recovery Tool For Windows & Linux
- PBNJ – Network Architecture Monitoring Tool
- NMAP 4.20 released
- Nmap Port Scanner 4.50 Released for Download
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,953,844 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,330,320 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 665,673 views