Paros 3.2.12 is released. This version is a maintenance release which fix a potental 100% cpu consumption issue. All users are recommended to upgrade to this version.
The changes are:
– Use newest external library for HTTP handling.
– Enable/disable spider to POST forms in options panel to avoid generating unwanted traffic (default to enable). This is requested by many users.
– Decrease the number of possible combinations crawled by spider on forms with multiple SELECT/OPTIONS. This make crawling less resource consuming and lower chance to affect application being scanned.
– Minor UI changes.
Paros labels itself as MITM Proxy + Spider + Scanner plus anything else you want it to be, it is a pretty neat piece of software.
It’s particularly useful for testing web applications and things such as insecure sessions.
Paros is free of charge and completely written in Java. Through Paros’s proxy nature, all HTTP and HTTPS data between server and client, including cookies and form fields, can be intercepted and modified.
These proxies have a different purpose than those personal type proxies like Proxomitron which are intended to protect you, clean adverts, block spyware and so on. Proxies like Paros and Burp are meant for examining the security of applications and web application auditing.
You do need Java Run Time Enviroment (JRE) 1.4 (or above) to install Paros.
You can download the latest version of Paros Here.
- CMSmap – Content Management System Security Scanner
- Windows Credentials Editor (WCE) – List, Add & Change Logon Sessions
- Droopescan – Plugin Based CMS Security Scanner
- Paros Proxy 3.2.10 Released – MITM HTTP and HTTPS Proxy
- Paros Proxy 3.2.11 Released – MITM HTTP and HTTPS Proxy
- OWASP Hatkit Proxy Project – HTTP/TCP Intercepting Proxy Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,892,224 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,103,286 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 635,424 views