OSSEC HIDS is an Open Source Host-based Intrusion Detection System. It performs log analysis, integrity checking, rootkit detection, time-based alerting and active response.
It runs on most operating systems, including Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Solaris and Windows.
This is the first version offering native support for Windows (XP/2000/2003). It includes as well a new set of log analysis rules for sendmail, web logs (Apache and IIS), IDSs and Windows authentication events.
The correlation rules for squid, mail logs, firewall events and authentication systems have been improved, now detecting scans, worms and internal attacks.
The active-responses were also refined, with support to IPFW (FreeBSD) added.
The installation process was re-organized, now including simpler configuration options and
translation on 6 different languages (English, Portuguese, German, Turkish, Polish and Italian).
- Sandboxie – Sandbox Your Browser / Software / Programs In Windows
- AxCrypt – Open Source Windows File Encryption Software
- Smooth-Sec – IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection/Prevention System) In A Box
- Samhain v.2.5.9c – Open Source Host-Based Intrusion Detection System (HIDS)
- Graphical Web Interface for OSSEC WUI AnaLogi v1.1
- Suricata – Open Source Next Generation Intrusion Detection and Prevention Engine
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 118,958 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 116,827 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,522 views