OSSEC HIDS is an Open Source Host-based Intrusion Detection System. It performs log analysis, integrity checking, rootkit detection, time-based alerting and active response.
It runs on most operating systems, including Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Solaris and Windows.
This is the first version offering native support for Windows (XP/2000/2003). It includes as well a new set of log analysis rules for sendmail, web logs (Apache and IIS), IDSs and Windows authentication events.
The correlation rules for squid, mail logs, firewall events and authentication systems have been improved, now detecting scans, worms and internal attacks.
The active-responses were also refined, with support to IPFW (FreeBSD) added.
The installation process was re-organized, now including simpler configuration options and
translation on 6 different languages (English, Portuguese, German, Turkish, Polish and Italian).
- Scumblr by Netflix – Automatically Scan For Leaks
- WP Security Audit Log – A Complete Audit Log Plugin For WordPress
- Amazon AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF ) Launched
- Samhain v.2.5.9c – Open Source Host-Based Intrusion Detection System (HIDS)
- Graphical Web Interface for OSSEC WUI AnaLogi v1.1
- Tiger – Unix Security Audit & Intrusion Detection Tool
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,745 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,492 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,642 views