A competitor for our buddy Google Desktop perhaps?
ORACLE, the world’s third- biggest software maker, has begun selling software that allows users to search only personal data on their work computers such as email, word documents and calendar appointments.
Chief executive Larry Ellison says the California company’s new search program “is one of the biggest products in years,” and may help draw users away from Google, which also offers software for searching content on computers and operates the world’s most-used internet search site.
“Google has always had a good search, but it was the security side that it’s not good at,” Ellison told reporters at the annual Oracle OpenWorld Tokyo 2006 conference in Japan.
“We have the security problem solved. That’s what we’re good at, and that’s the hard part of the problem.”
Sounds like a pretty cocky stance to me, “That’s what we’re good at” eh?
Oh well, with that kind of attitude I guess they are destined to fail.
Let’s see what flaws and privacy issues this one has..
Source: Australian IT
- OAT – Oracle Auditing Tools For Database Security
- ODAT (Oracle Database Attacking Tool) – Test Oracle Database Security
- Navy Sys Admin Hacks Into Databases From Aircraft Carrier
- Google Desktop 3 Enterprise
- Google Desktop Privacy? OR Lack Of..
- Serious XSS Flaw in Google Desktop Allows Data Theft
Most Read in Database Hacking:
- Pangolin – Automatic SQL Injection Tool - 74,218 views
- bsqlbf 1.1 – Blind SQL Injection Tool - 53,958 views
- Absinthe Blind SQL Injection Tool/Software - 39,135 views