28 March 2006 | 136,733 views

Ophcrack 2.2 Password Cracker Released

Prevent Network Security Leaks with Acunetix

Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on a time-memory trade-off using rainbow tables. This is a new variant of Hellman’s original trade-off, with better performance. It recovers 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords in seconds.

We mentioned it in our RainbowCrack and Rainbow Tables article.

Changes:

• (feature) support of the new table set (alphanum + 33 special chars – WS-20k)
  • (feature) easier configuration for the table set (tables.cfg)
  • (feature) automatic definition of the number of tables to use at the same time (batch_tables) by queriying the system for the size of the memory
  • (feature) speed-up in tables reading
  • (feature) cleaning of the memory to make place for table readahead (linux version only)
  • (feature) improved installer for windows version
  • (fix) change of the default share for pwdump4 (ADMIN$)

Get it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ophcrack

Digg This Article

Recent in Hacking Tools:
- dirs3arch – HTTP File & Directory Brute Forcing Tool
- ODAT (Oracle Database Attacking Tool) – Test Oracle Database Security
- SHODAN – Expose Online Devices (Wind Turbines, Power Plants & More!)

- Wophcrack – Web Based Interface For Ophcrack Password Cracking Tool
- Ophcrack 3.3.1 & LiveCD – Free Rainbow Table Password Cracking Tool
- LCP – A Good FREE Alternative to L0phtcrack (LC5)

Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,857,638 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,043,269 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 619,115 views

Low-cost VPS Hosting

30 Responses to “Ophcrack 2.2 Password Cracker Released”

1. [GEEKS ARE SEXY] Tech. News 28 March 2006 at 7:16 pm Permalink

Ack, gotta hate comment spam.. Yeah, your old article made me discover Ophcrack , and I have to admit that it is awfully fast. Alot faster then Cain, which was my all time favorite, and it still is for some special tasks..

2. boza 29 March 2006 at 7:30 am Permalink

Does this actually work on windows XP ?
    I have tried it on my account with a 15 lower case letter password . and it didnt work. But it didnt even say failed . It only said failed on the computer generated accounts

3. Darknet 29 March 2006 at 7:44 am Permalink

boza: It should work fine except for some reason if LM Hashing is disabled, you can check this Wikibook Article. Also you could try the Ophcrack bootable LiveCD for cracking Windows passwords.

4. almer 31 May 2006 at 10:57 am Permalink

if you have any program send me an email ok

5. uzaib 31 May 2006 at 2:52 pm Permalink

Salam ! i want to learn hacking if any one intrest in teach me so plz contact wid me i’ll wait ur reply Allah Hafiz

6. ajay 23 September 2006 at 3:47 pm Permalink

hay can one teach me hacking i am extremly intrested in that.

7. rocky 6 December 2006 at 4:40 am Permalink

a very sexy sexy sexy software i love it its amazingingly sexy

8. help pls 26 December 2006 at 4:47 am Permalink

ok so what really sucks is being locked out of your laptop during the holidays! (no one is around, agh!) i had d/l ophcrack (cd live) and it revealed the original phrase i had instead of the additional characters i had added (and coincidentally, forgotten) so i’m not sure what to do from here on.

do you have any recommendations?!?!

9. Darknet 26 December 2006 at 7:36 am Permalink

help pls: Try this.

10. help pls 26 December 2006 at 7:55 am Permalink

is it safe? it’s warnings seem scary?

11. Darknet 26 December 2006 at 8:05 am Permalink

help pls: Depends how you define safe :) Up to you if you try it or not, but it is the best tool for the job.

12. help pls 3 January 2007 at 1:21 am Permalink

ok, so i finally tried it however, it didn’t work. at first it showed the account to be locked and disabled. then ran it again, both times i set it to * blank password but it didn’t work. everytime it rebooted, the log in screen came on back to my account with the password i can’t crack. even with trying safe mode, both mine and the administrator had passwords. (guest wasn’t on although that got blanked out)

btw, i am the administrator. why does my laptop not like me so?
    HELP?

13. help pls 3 January 2007 at 8:47 pm Permalink

update for those who care: i tried the nt prgm again and it worked. i noticed something funky though. i had changed the password. (sort of reverted to the original phrase without the additional characters). this morning, i seemed to have been locked out of it again! so now i’m in and left it without a password. i’m wondering if this is going to happen each time i put in a password or if it only happened b/c it was similar to the previous one? any ideas?

14. matt 8 January 2007 at 2:29 am Permalink

so i downloaded ophcrack and burned it to disc it loads and then it freezes and says something about an A drive can someone help

15. DuBious 2 April 2008 at 3:35 am Permalink

Is there anything like this that can work for the online stuff? i’m big with the internet, and don’t carry my data around much, so…. Can anyone help?

16. David 9 December 2008 at 4:11 am Permalink

Ophcrack for Windows got me no where. I followed the directions as printed and even watched the how to video. Still it goes to the MS XP password screen. Never once giving me any indication that Ophcrack was working even though the CD is spinning like mad in the drive.

UGH..!
    david

17. help me 20 January 2009 at 7:47 am Permalink

i’ve burnet ophcrack-vista-livecd on a blank cd but when it loads up it keeps saying kernal panic, time not syncing. Did anyone get this probelm? Can anyone help me plz tell me where did i go wrong?