the following exploits (if we can call it this way) was published on securityfocus bugtraq mailinglist… it is entirely reproduced in the following lines:
Norton Internet monitoring tools issues
Versions Affected : *
Fix : No
What im writing about is how to stop the internet of some user that is
using the norton tools and IRC / any other chat at the same time.
By default norton monitor checks for words like “keylogger” , “start
keylogger” , “key logger” and etc.etc.
Example for irc :
Start a mIRC or any other IRC client that u like and connect to some
Type down /ctcp yournick start keylogger . By default norton monitors
your mIRC Process and your logs of it so it sees “star keylogger” and
automaticly blocks mIRC.exe from starting and automaticly blocks port
6667 or whatever port ure using to connect to IRC. Nice eh ?
So you should be in a small manner paranoic when using Norton tools…
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- Microsoft Says You SHOULD Re-use Passwords Across Sites
- Dradis v2.9 – Information Sharing For Security Assessments
- Norton Internet Security ‘Keylogger’ IRC Bug
- Multiple Bugs In Anti-Virus Software Revealed
- Anti-Spyware Software Wars – Can’t they get along?!
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,142,982 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 587,961 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 417,445 views