Check it out!
US President George W. Bush visited the NSA headquarters at Fort Meade in January 2006. A wall-sized status screen in the background displays the latest versions of Nmap and some of our other favorite open source tools. Pictures were printed in the February 6, 2006 edition of Newsweek (article) and the Jan 27 Washington Post (article). The page on the screen is the Talisker Radar. We don’t like the NSA tracking our phone calls and email, but they may track Nmap releases all they want.
Loading an external web site on their giant screen was risky.
The picture was printed in the Washington Post.
I imagine their normal NOC/SOC screen isn’t so interesting and they were like “Bush is coming, anything pretty to put on the projector?”
Recent in General News:
- More Cyberterrorism – Taiwan Political Party Accuses China of Hacking
- AnonPlus/Anon+ – The Anonymous Social Network
- Sony Rebuilding PlayStation Network (PSN) – Down 4 Days So Far
- Nmap v5.20 Released – Open Source Network Exploration & Auditing Tool
- NMAP 4.20 released
- Nmap Port Scanner 4.50 Released for Download
Most Read in General News:
- Hacking Still Can’t Outdo Stupidity for Data Leaks - 124,258 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 84,883 views
- One Of The World’s Most Prolific Music Piracy Groups Busted - 43,404 views